Return to the Roses Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Wow, this used to be a hopping place.....

Posted by bethr1957 z9 Huntington Beach, (My Page) on
Sun, Jun 20, 10 at 15:49

My name is Beth Rogers, and I spent five happy years on Garden Web, before my marriage and health fell apart in 2006. I have just replanted and ran-not-walked to come here again, and visit old friends.

And have my rose addiction validated. (chuckle)

Any old friends around? Any news on this site and our glorious leader (I know he is out there somewhere!)

Please help me catch up!

Beth

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Wow, this used to be a hopping place.....

Beth----I'm still around and check in every so often----Yes this used to be a really jumpimg place but not so much anymore-----

what a shame because I met a lot of really neat people here on conversations---

Maybe if enough of us post it will come back to life

Sorry to hear about your marriage and your health----

Hope you are feeling better---

My daughter is going through a nasty divorce and it is very painful

Florence/zeffyrose

o

Hi, Beth :)

Yes, this used to be a really hoppin' place, but as Florence said, "not so much anymore." This used to be my home-away-from-home (years ago), and I would check-in every day. And I too met a lot of fine folks here--folks I miss to this day.

So sorry about your marriage and health, as well. Glad you came back to visit us again though! :)

Florence, it pains me to hear that your daughter is still going through a nasty divorce. Hoped things would have gotten better for her. Hugs to her, you, and Beth.

Debbie

o

Debbie---that divorce situation just gets worse----I don't know why he has to be so cruel---just get the divorce over with--in Sept. it will be three years since he walked out--and it still drags on-----all about money---

I wonder how we could stir this place up-----I check every so often---

Florence

o
Continuing conversation...

Florence, I'm so sorry to hear that the divorce situation is just getting worse. Your poor, dear daughter. She has been in pain over this for such a long time. :( I have two daughters myself so I know that when our children hurt we hurt right along with them. Sigh... I will be keeping your daughter in my thoughts and prayers.

As to how we can stir this place up, I tried to do that very thing by starting a new thread. Perhaps it will help a little. :)

Debbie

o

Where are you Beth---come on in the water's fine----LOL

Florence

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Roses Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here