Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: How to make men smell of roses!

That is so funny----Is that you ????

LOL LOL LOL

Florence

o

DW is always suggesting this. How silly. Its only 95 out. Weekends are for digging, not bathing.

o

love it, love it, love it.

o

Great idea!!! I will have to suggest that to DH!!! love the toes!

o

OMG, that is SOOOO funny! What a great way to clean up after working in the garden..

o

No Its not me posing on the picture. I suspect its Patrick/molineux, who ran out of "Evelyn" bath products from Crabtree & Evelyn ???

o

Just working at the Community college and had to check in. All I can say is
Ha ha ha ha ha ha! I wish my DH could see this!
Kathy

o

I only hope Patrick looks better than that!

Carla

o

Hopefully they have dethorned the rose stems. It could be painful getting in and out of zee "pool" otherwise. Both for men and women.

Foghorn

o

We didn't get a rise out of our favorite enabler.

Perhaps he is busy putting a few thick steaks on the barbie.

Cupshaped! Are you sure you are not just being bashfull???

F.L.

o

• Posted by hoovb z9 Southern CA (My Page) on
    Thu, Jul 5, 07 at 2:33

Goodness! Imagine walking out into the garden and seeing that. I might never go outside again.

o

Hey Carla and Hoovb ... At least he smells of roses! And Foghorn ... I do not know what bashfull means? I certainly did not intend to bash someone. Even though I did tease Patrick a bit about his Evelyn Obsession...

The man may not be a looker but his passion for roses and his knowledge about OGRs is phenomenal!

And Foghorn... Even though I will not be coming to Iowa this summer, I will be in Davenport this Christmas and it would be nice to meet you then.

o

I meant shy rather than bashfull. Patrick is a well beloved member of our forum.

If you could make our Christmas party it would be great! Our local ARS club goes all out to have a good time. Great food, the Central High School Choir sings joyful carols, and the atmosphere in the Vander Veer Conservatory is very festive. Super "Villiage Inn" pie for desert. Dosen't get much better.

It would also be a good time to see the bare bones of our little garden. Hopefully I will do a better job of tipping our climbing roses this fall. I am looking forward to your artistic advice.

Foghorn.

o

Ohh forgive me FH there is so many expressions and lingo and subtle hints in the English language that I just do not understand.

Lets hope that there will not be too much snow this year then.

o

methinks there must still be thorns on the roses, hence the poor guys pained expression...

o

• Posted by hoovb z9 Southern CA (My Page) on
    Sat, Jul 7, 07 at 13:46

Well, maybe he has a wonderful personality.

there is so many expressions and lingo and subtle hints in the English language that I just do not understand

I feel the same way, and English is my native language!

o

I hate to admit but this "guy" has filled a tub with roses, lit candles and played classical music. I even had chocolate and champagne. Rob laughed so hard he practically busted a rib.

Something tells me that I'm not the only male rosarian to do such a thing.

BTW, I'm much younger looking then that mature gentleman. Think black curly hair, dark blue eyes, alabaster skin and dimples galore.

o

So you are not out of "Evelyn" then ??? "black curly hair, dark blue eyes, alabaster skin and dimples galore" that sounds rather charming ... so where is the picture(s)??????????

o

Trust me, the fantasy is a lot prettier than the reality. No digital camera my dear and not in any rush to get one.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Roses Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here