Return to the Roses Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
The Lily That would...

Posted by msjean Z6..NS...Canada (My Page) on
Tue, Jun 5, 07 at 22:03

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Working around my garden I began to notice a strange bump in my driveway. weeks went by and the bump got bigger......
this is what caused the bump...a lily pushing itself up through the asphalt driveway. I named her "Super Lily"...and can't wait to see her bloom.
Luckily for me ...and Super Lily....she is in an area where the cars can't get to...so I put a protective cone over her so the dogs don't tramp her down.
My feeling is that if the lily worked that hard to be born....I can at least welcome her into my garden world.Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

She is beginning to turn green now that she is getting some light. The tenacity of life never fails to amaze me.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: The Lily That would...

Jean, nice to see you. How are you? That certainly is some determined lily. I want to see a picture when it blooms!!

Carla

o

I love it! That's a special lily, and you give me a big smile giving it not just a chance but a very nice welcome. I hope you find it pretty, lol.

o

Wow Jean. I agree ,anything that works that hard to survive should get the chance to live.

Please share a photo when this one blooms.

Thanks

Bill

o

Wow! that is really different! It looks like the lillie from outer space! Yes, please take some photos of it when it blooms. Will you be able to transplant it into the garden?

Maybe it will be happier where it is..

Betty:)

o

I cannot BELIEVE that!

o

• Posted by msjean Z6..NS...Canada (My Page) on
    Wed, Jun 6, 07 at 22:29

It certainly is an amazing feat. I can't replant it because there is no way to get it out of the asphalt that I know of.
The strength and determination it must have taken for that lily to push through the driveway makes me feel humble in it's presence.
A very special lily indeed :)

o

• Posted by roselvr Burlington Coun (My Page) on
    Thu, Jun 7, 07 at 20:28

I would think that from the angle, it may be under the violets?

Looks like this lily is doing all it can to make sure you notice it. Ever wonder if it's a message from your SO?

Enjoy the lily and remember to come back to show us a few pics of what it will turn out to be.

o

First the driveway. Then the house. Then...

o

• Posted by lellie z9 Anna Maria Island (My Page) on
    Fri, Jun 8, 07 at 12:23

Bless her liddle heart!
Such a will to live. LOL!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Roses Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here