Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
meredith_e

Frasier, a loaf of bread and thee... aka Favorite Shows or Lines

So when Billy XXX tried to stuff you in your locker he wasn't mad at you... he was mad at Pythagorus.

Which is ironic because a simple volume equation would have shown him that I wouldn't fit.

BWAHAHA!

Oh my goodness I love Frasier. The Back Row Hooligan in Auto Shop episode. Anyone else in tears? I'd never seen it. On Lifetime as we speak. Back to studying in a minute, I swear!

Got any favorite shows or lines or episodes? Movie lines appreciated too, as always!

I swear TV can be very fulfilling; I don't care what anybody says. Definitely Frasier for me. On my deathbed: Frasier, chocolate and a Shiraz-Cabernet with good friends and family and pets. Ammendable at any time of course!!

How bout y'all?

Comments (20)

• rose_nutty
    16 years ago

My all-time favorite Frazier episode I only have seen once. Frazier bought a lunch date with some big-wig that both he and Niles wanted to meet at a charity fund-raiser. On the day of the lunch, Niles took a new medication for his allergies and was just a mess. I have NEVER laughed so much in my life. Gosh, I hadn't thought of that in a long time. Makes me smile just to think of it.

• meredith_e Z7b, Piedmont of NC, 1000' elevation
    Original Author
    16 years ago

LOL, I remember that part! Niles must be the best character in all creation :)

Once I had to call my sister it was so funny... he saw a bush that he thought was a scary old man in the park alone at night. I was crying...

...it led to my sister's bad-eyesighted guarddog vs bush saga that was hilarious which led to her Cows in the Night story which is the best in-the-dark story in human history :)

Sorry to babble, but funny is funny folks! Good night :)

• paparoseman
    16 years ago

Did you ever notice that Frazier on Cheers hung around with everyday people. Once he had his own show they turned his character into a snob.

On a Seinfeld episode Jerry asked Elaine if she knew what happened to a man when he had been in coldwater, you know below the belt line. She said she didnt know so he whispered into her ear. She exclaimed it shrinks and Jerry answers like a turtle into its shell.

More of a sight gag than a line but the episode of Frazier where Niles gets a Whippet. Frazier asks Niles if there is not something about this dog that reminds you of Maris and Niles says I dont see what you are talking about. Frazier then holds the dogs ears back so that the slender face and neck are more noticeable.

Lance

• rainlily_sis
    16 years ago

Lance, I remember that scene from the Whippet episode, lol!

• rose_nutty
    16 years ago

I think I must be the only person on the planet that never could get into Seinfeld. It just never was that funny to me the few time I tried to watch it. Even in syndication when there is absolutely NOTHING else on, I can't seem to stand it.

Oh, how I miss the days of good sitcoms - Cheers, Frazier, Family Ties (the one where Skippy was trying to ask Mallory out was a scream), Home Improvement (the one where Al was identifying different types of wood blindfolded and Tim put his sock on top of the board). Now we're stuck with reality shows and crime drama and not much else. +SIGH+

• orchids2000
    16 years ago

The early Cosby shows would often leave one with tears from laughing so much. Oh and how about Larry, Daryl and Daryl from Newhart. What a riot. Guess we could go back further to the Carol Burnett shows with Tim Conway, Dobie Gillis and Hazel (I saw those as repeats on cable).

• opheliathornvt zone 5
    16 years ago

On Carol Burnett, the scene when she comes down the staircase as Scarlett O'Hara in the dress made from the drapes, and she has the curtain rod across her shoulders! Or any scene when Tim Conway would crack up Harvey Corman until he couldn't continue. I particularly remember one where Tim was pretending to be a dog, and there must have been 2 or 3 solid minutes of everyone helpless with laughter except Tim. Brilliant! I also remember with fondness how The Bob Newhart show ended with him waking up in bed next to Suzanne Pleshette, his wife from his previous show, and the entire second show had been a dream. What an amazing twist- I still love it.

• dublinbay z6 (KS)
    16 years ago

Carol Burnett as Scarlett wearing drapes and rod--I still remember howling with laughter at that one. A classic.

Kate

• pete41
    16 years ago

``Stretch Cunningham ain't that funny''
    Dollar to anyone who remembers where thats from.

• sylviatexas1
    16 years ago

All In the Family?

can't remember the episode where that was said, but Archie worked with Stretch on the loadin' dock til Stretch died & they had a whole episode about the funeral.

• User
    16 years ago

Archie blowing up at Edith because he thought she might be converting to Catholicism. "did you eat a cookie?"
    Eunice (Carol Burnett) taking acting lessons from Madeline Kahn....makes me laugh every time, you can see it on You Tube. Carol Burnett playing "the Great Norma Desmond" Harvey Korman playing Max floors me every time! Her Gone with the Wind is a Classic.
    Any of the fights between Karen and Rosey on Will and Grace, Cher smacking Jack on Will and Grace when he thinks shes a Drag Queen! Any of The Debbie Reynolds episode on Will and Grace! Almost every espisode of Faulty Towers! Almost every episode of AB Fab

• pagan
    16 years ago

"I saw it in the window, and I just couldn't resist it."

OK, one of my favorites - WKRP in Cincinatti. The episode where the Pinedale Shopping Mall is bombed with live turkeys!! Big Guy Says "As God is my witness, I thought turkeys could fly!" I was howling with laughter!

• dublinbay z6 (KS)
    16 years ago

Anyone remember the Barney Miller Show (I hope I remember the title correctly--the 1/2 hour police sit-com)? They had a hilarious parody of Streetcar Named Desire--I was rolling on the floor. I'd love to see it again.

Kate

• anntn6b
    16 years ago

Pagan,
    You share my WKRP episode!
    We do have it somewhere on tape and used to play it every Thanksgiving.
    Ann

• pagan
    16 years ago

Ann - GMTA!

• hoovb zone 9 sunset 23
    16 years ago

I always remember the one where Niles and Fraiser are watching 'Antiques Roadshow' while drinking a bottle of wine and whenever anyone on the Roadshow said 'Patina' they would take a swig of wine. Everafterward every time they say 'Patina' on Antiques Roadshow we always raise our (usually coffeecups) to Fraiser and Niles.

And yes, I've always wanted a Whippet named Maris!

• carla17
    16 years ago

I liked the episode of Frasier where Martin eats a marijuana brownie and Niles think he has eaten it. When Martin is coming home he is laughing outside the door.

Carla

• ramblinrosez7b
    16 years ago

I like Seinfeld and Frazier. The funniest episode that stays with me on Frazier was the one where Niles and Frazier were in a motel room together to write a book (?)or something like that and they started arguing and fighting and they were wrestling on the bed.....it was so funny!
    And Seinfeld, "These pretzels are making me thirsty" and
    "And you want to be my Latex Salesman." LOL what a riot that show is, I laugh over and over every time I watch it, never get tired of it.

• ronda_in_carolina
    16 years ago

My favorite snip-it didnt have any words!!: Tim Conway as the orchestra conductor with his crazy white Mozart wig, teeny-tiny shuffle steps and then he tries to go over the podium rail and gets hug on the rail...LOL!!

I must admit I also, I LOVED the Mrs. DEwiggins episode.

Seinfeld wasn't much watched but I did choke on my ice tea when they coined the term "sponge worthy" omg!!

I never watched Rozanne when it was on...but when I see a rerun I really appreciate the humor. Maybe because my kids are preteens. I have laughed until I cried on a few episodes.

Good stuff!

• michaelalreadytaken
    16 years ago

One of my all time faves from Seinfeld, "Stranded" where Elaine and Jerry are trapped without a way home at a party on Long Island.

Maybe the dingo ate your baby.