Return to the Roses Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Odds and Ends

Posted by michaelalreadytaken No Cal (My Page) on
Mon, Jul 9, 07 at 2:44

Just some photos of wheat fields and wind turbines off Shiloh Road, about fifteen miles from Vacaville. There's also a redo of sunflowers. I am happy to report that I sold it!!!!!!! (no one is more amazed than I am--trust me!!!)

The Shiloh Church is something out of Little House on the Prairie. There's a rose garden in the front courtyard. It's adjacent to the wind farm--kinda sorta--more or less.

Some barbed wire and a padlock.

I hope you enjoy them.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Odds and Ends

great shots! the turbines look like art, don't they? Congrats on selling your picture - do we see the birth of a new career?

o

Wonderful Michael. So my assumption is true about your career. Not to sound stupid but I never thought of corn fields in CA. Only movie stars and swimming pools!

Carla

o

Wow again Michael! Fabulous shots. Terrific depth, almost feels like 3D. Congratulations on selling some of your pics. I love the softness you created with the sun flowers - very romantic and a contrast to the original. But the origial one too is wonderful.

It looks like you are enjoying your photography. Thanks for posting them.
Pauline

o

Michael, you do have a talent.

You lost me for a minute at Vacaville. I have a script of a silly story in Spanish that I tell to the kids. In the story the person goes to Vacaville. I did not know that it was a real town, I thought the word Vacaville was part of the silliness of the story. (Vaca is cow in Spanish.)

You are not being silly at all and I think you may have a new career in photography.

Sammy

o

Thank you all.

Sammy, you'll have to email me that story some day. Yep, I live in cowtown. LOL. "Vaca" does indeed mean "cow," in Spanish but the name comes from Juan Vaca who originally decided there should be a town here. Some of my coworkers tease me about it on occasion.

I used to think Long Island got it's name from being long, so I understand completely :):):)

Pauline, thank you again. Glad you liked them!

Pagan and Carla. I don't know about the whole "career" thing. I'm keeping busy with the things already in front of me on that path. Still, it's fun (and healthy) to dream a little bit, isn't it?

MichaelAT

o

• Posted by hoovb z9 Southern CA (My Page) on
    Tue, Jul 10, 07 at 14:04

I like the pictures, esp. the 1st and last. Always thought wind turbines were sculptural and kinda majestic.

o

Michael, I so rarely post here, no one knows me, but the photo of the sunflowers took my breathe away. I have to congratulate you on it.

Peppi

o

Gee.. Ansel Adams has returned.
Peppi, you are right.. they absolutely took my breath away.

So, who bought the sunflowers?

o

Beautiful shots the windmills always make me nervous!

o

Thank you guys!

Sorry for not responding sooner but I have a houseful of company from back home.

Joe, the windmills do have an unnerving quality about them, don't they?

Rosie, it was a friend of a (former) coworker in New Orleans.

Peppi, very nice to see you and thank you!

Hoov, thank you!

Got to run.

MichaelAT

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Roses Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here