Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sammy_gw

Blaze and I were 'just a walking in the rain'

sammy zone 7 Tulsa
16 years ago

Every evening we take the dogs for a walk. Well, it has been raining here almost daily for a long long time. Yesterday it had cleared, and we started on our walk. My husband takes the larger dog, and goes about half way, but Blaze and I walk the total distance - a little less than a mile.

Yesteday it had rained off and on about 5 or 6 times. But in the evening it seemed fine so we walked. About half way it began to drizzle just a little, but we continued to a little less than the 1/2 mile mark before returning home. As we rounded a corner I saw a "cloud" in the distance, but the cloud was really a cloud of rain coming at us.

We turned and began walking home. I have not run now for years, and did not dare to try to run with a 72 pound Golden Retriever puppy. He would not necessarily be easy to stop when I wanted to stop. Besides I was wearing sneakers, and they can often become very slippery instead of having good traction. We walked.

I thought I wouldn't get too wet because my husband and the larger dog had turned back as usual, and would be home more quickly. I kept waiting for the Van to pick us up, but we just kept on walking - not in a drizzle, but in a full downpour. The slight bit of moisturizer on my face was rolling into my eyes. I was a dripping mess - totally drenched with a dog that was constantly shaking to remove his water. He kept looking up at me like he was saying "do we really want to do this?"

As we passed neighboring houses, people waved at me thinking I guess, that this is what I chose. Then the phone rang. I didn't dare pull the phone out of my pocket because I don't know how wet it is safe for the phone to get, and did not want to ruin my beautiful fuschia phone. It rang again, after I didn't answer it. I thought that surely my husband would look for us if I didn't answer the phone.

When we got home, he was standing at the door and said he was ready to come and look for us.

I cannot tell you how sick I am of the rain, and it is not letting up. It has already rained today.

I just wanted to share my experience.

Sammy

Comments (4)