Return to the Roses Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
disturbing

Posted by pagan 8b (My Page) on
Fri, Jul 13, 07 at 7:28

Watched a disturbing documentary about the KKK yesterday - gave me shivers. The worst part (OK, one of the worst parts!) was that one of the head dudes looked JUST like my dad!! Big floppy ears and hate filled eyes and all!!! And my dad always said his family had to change their names when they moved from NC to SC cus his dad killed somebody.... what an awful heritage, to be related to such a creature! It would be like being related to Hitler!

Much as I love living in the south, it is embarrassing to be associated with such a history of bigotry... checking out internet KKK stuff now. There is actually a gift shop that sells little ceramic KKK figurines with light-up eyes - they look like little ghosts. Serves them right to be made into silly-looking objects.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: disturbing

Ooh, I always didn't like movies and such with the KKK in them. They spook me big time. I would like to see the figurines with light up eyes though!
Girl, you need to be thinking of roses and that great big ocean out there!
Send me the link please

Carla

o

• Posted by taureau 8B South Louisiana (My Page) on
    Fri, Jul 13, 07 at 15:56

There is racism and bigotry everywhere, not only from the KKK and certainly not only from the South. Massachusetts was the first state to embrace slavery and it's up North. No wonder it was called the slave state.

o

Let's hope that fellow was just a look-alike and not actually your relative. Even so, it would be no reflection on you.

I think of the KKK as a kind of gang/cult, established to make the members feel like they are better than other people. They brainwash their kids, too.

I'll never forget when one of the teacher's aides at our school dressed in a KKK outfit for the Halloween parade. In her ignorance she thought she was being funny. The principal sent her home right away (before the parade, thank goodness).

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Roses Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here