Return to the Roses Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
giant spider attacks rose heyell!!!

Posted by pagan 8b (My Page) on
Mon, Jul 30, 07 at 7:30

Yesterday a Giant Garden Spider was discovered and dealt with on the front porch of Rose Heyell, in the residential district of North Charleston. This Spider, an enormously outsized member of the Genus - Humongous; Species - Eeekius; has been living on the front porch for almost 2 weeks, leaving mayhem and a pile of tiny discarded and drained corpses beneath the web, the lifeless bodies victims of the Spiders' implacable thirst! The Spiders' web, a lair that stretched from one corner of the porch to the other, was so strong that several dangling chimes of a wind chime, (which were employed as support beams in the web), were rendered off kilter and hung at a right angle, instead of straight down as their wont. After twice removing the web with a standard-issue garden implement (a stick) and presenting the Spider with alternative accommodations in a nearby rose bush ("I didn't want to kill her!", stated Pagan, the chief gardener of Rose Heyell. "What if she had cousins who decided to avenge her spidery demise?? Not to mention the carnage of beetle husks under the web serves the little buggers right!") the Spider promptly returned to her preferred spot, high and dry and obstructing the main entrance to the house and garden. Yesterday, an Armored Weapon of Mass Spider-Web Destruction (a broom) was deployed in a last desperate attempt to convince the Giant Arachnid that this particular location was not favorable in terms of nearby schools, bus routes, and stores. The Spider was then carried across the street (on aforementioned Weapon of Mass Destruction, now an Arachnid All-Terrain Transport Vehicle) and persuaded to make a new start in a bed consisting of azaleas, crepe myrtles and a Bradford Pear tree. "This area has a better educational system altogether." Pagan explained; adding "I think the Spider will be happier in her new neighborhood."

At the time of this report, it is not known if the Spider has found her way back to the original homestead. If she decides that there is no place like home and squatting is the wave of her spidery future, Pagan has plans for dealing with this as well. "I have a shoe and I am not afraid to use it!" she declared.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: giant spider attacks rose heyell!!!

You are so amusing! What an inconvenient home indeed.
Why did you not present spider to flying babies?

Carla

o

ROF!!

o

What a picture you paint - thanks for the laughter!

:-)

Anne

o

All spiders beware. Mighty Pagan is armed and dangerous!!!!!

LOL

Kate

o

LOL! Not only are you mighty with a broom, you tell a dang good tale!
Sis

o

Thanks all!

Carla - the spider was bigger then the flyers!! Did I mention that this sucker was HUGE!!!

I am going to amble over and see if I can spot a new web soon. If you don't hear from me in an hour, alert the authorities!

o
follow-up

The giant spider has built a giant web across the street and has already started a knitting guild. There is another smaller web very near hers, with a somewhat smaller (soon to be lunch??) occupant. I KNEW she would like that neighborhood more!

o

See? A happy ending! Lol!

o

LOL hillarious read!

Ronda

o

Great story---

I don't remember any spiders that size when I lived on Beaufain St. in Charleston way back in the 50's

My DH always said if you get two roaches going in the same direction you could hitch a ride home---LOL

Even with bugs it is still a beautiful city.

Florence

o

Try lemon scented dishsoap sprayed where you don't want them moving back. This works for me.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Roses Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here