Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print

I am, but busy. I'm trying to catch up here this morning.

I am doing an enormous Happy Happy "First" Dance - my grade came in and it was an 88! EIGHTY-EIGHT, you just don't know what a dance that is if you are used to college here, like me!!

85-100 is a 'First,' as opposed to the various levels of passing [Seconds, Thirds, etc] and the extraordinary number of levels of passing well enough and nearly-failing. I've had to say 'well, I passed' too many times for my taste, but my tutor assured me that is normal there.

Naw, THIS is normal ;]

Tee, hee.

Seriously, now I may have a shot at honors if I do well on my Exam in August, said to be much easier than our coursework. That is a nice little gift.

And Dad's eye is holding strong with the laser surgeries!! He still won't know if he needs the buckle retina surgery except as we go. That s*cks, and for our trip planning too.

My brother The Almighty Strong Never-Sick One has a hernia [!!] and can't take me, my pals all have kids and/or work and can't go. But I did the Europe thing with so little money, no internet for research, and a totally clueless BF years ago... so I'll be fine alone, if in great pain from carrying stuff. Ah well that's what heating pads and pain pills are for...

This is the mood song, but it's happy I think and hope you do, too...

Listen as your day unfolds

Challenge what the future holds

Try and keep your head up to the sky

Lovers, they may cause you tears

Go ahead release your fears

Stand up and be counted

Don't be ashamed to cry

You gotta be

You gotta be bad, you gotta be bold

You gotta be wiser, you gotta be hard

You gotta be tough, you gotta be stronger

You gotta be cool, you gotta be calm

You gotta stay together

All I know, all I know, love will save the day

Herald what your mother said

Readin' the books your father read

Try to solve the puzzles in your own sweet time

Some may have more cash than you

Others take a different view

My oh my heh, hey

You gotta stay together

Don't ask no questions, it goes on without you

Leaving you behind if you can't stand the pace

The world keeps on spinning

You can't stop it, if you try to

This time it's danger staring you in the face

Oh oh oh Remember

Listen as your day unfolds

Challenge what the future holds

Try and keep your head up to the sky

Lovers, they may cause you tears

Go ahead release your fears

My oh my heh, hey, hey

You gotta be

You gotta stay together

You gotta stay together

How are y'all? Mood songs welcomed, too... crank it up I can hear it already :)

Comments (10)

• pagan
    16 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

WOW, congrats to you! You must be smarter then the average bear! I wish I could go to englande with you - I couldn't carry things but we could stand around and try to attract strong young men to carry things for us... wear something low-cut. I used to show lots of cleavage when I was working undercover as a hooker and it never failed!

I am feeling happy this weekend also - nice change huh? Since I found out I will likely have more surgery, I feel better cus I know that I will be feeling even better then I do now, and that I am not going to be stuck at this level, IYKWIM! Let's all do the happyhappylifeisgood dance!!

• meredith_e Z7b, Piedmont of NC, 1000' elevation
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I'm in on the happyhappylifeisgood dance :) So good that you are excited about your surgery! It is exciting to be so close to less pain... very cool.

Hey, if I have to go to England alone, you SHOULD go with me... all the boarding is all paid up for 2! Dad would prefer I have a chaperone, even if you make a bad pack mule ;) Hooker Gear/ Oxford... hmmm, maybe we can tip a porter instead ;]

Would you be game for having a coffee at Dunkin Doughnuts with a Palestinian criminal living in Hungary, for instance? If you say no, Dad would definitely want you to help tame the Meredith vibe!! Hey, it was just coffee in public and he was interesting to hear is my defense...

• michaelalreadytaken
    16 years ago

Congratulations on achieving this! I know how hard you've worked and this is a special time for you! Encore!

As far as the Coffee with Criminals part of the tour, I suppose I could send Jorge with you. He'd understand. I was late picking him up in SF the other day and he was occupying his time having his fortune read what appeared to be a homeless person on the street corner.

At least he wasn't hooked up to any electrical devices in Union Square--so I'm marginally relieved.

It's my khaos/khismet reward for teaching my children to speak to everyone.

(((Jorge!!! Get in this car NOW!!! What are you doing? Have you lost your mind???)))

MichaelAT

Original Author
    16 years ago

Thanks MAT :) WHAT ARE YOU DOING??! yep... "Well if you weren't so late meeting me for coffee, maybe the Palestinian gangsters wouldn't try to pick me up, eh?" Jeez, parents ;) ;)

• moodyblue
    16 years ago

{{gwi:205242}}

Original Author
    16 years ago

Pauline, you are SO sweet! Thank you very much... I have saved it and will pull it up "whilst" studying for my Exam on the plane for motivation!

I know MAT loves hearing of new topics that he might not have encountered, and my agenda today gave me a chuckle with how some of the topics sound, so I made a list I found funny...

Wake up, brush teeth, shower.

Kiss and feed doggedties and kittoes and check the garden with a couple.

Grab a coffee drink and check work e-mail and the forums.

Use the encryption modulus:
    14423118116103878456275736627220315029625755387443832298910751006678535354074654
    and the encrypting exponent: 65537 to encrypt a three-letter English word that names an animal.

Use the Russian Peasant algorithm to calculate 849 x 3217. Reproduce all the lines of the
    calculation in the answer.

Crank up Pink Floyd on the car stereo and head to Panera's with BeeBee and the laptop. Order lunch and a latte.

Construct a Moore recogniser to process strings of zeros and ones. The recogniser should
    recognise those strings that have exactly three ones in them and reject all other strings.

Write a URM program which adds the contents of register 3 to the contents of register 4 and
    places this sum in register zero. The program should not change what is already in registers 3
    and 4.

Close up laptop and head back to the garden. Film more of the neighbor's kids' Sonic the Hedgehog movie in B&W on the cell phone :)

etc, etc.

Oy I'm such a nerd but I love this stuff!

Gotta run. Happy Day everyone!

• diane_nj 6b/7a
    16 years ago

Meredith, congratulations, but honey please stop with the algorithms and parsers, I am having bad grad school flashbacks! ;-)

I finished writing the wedding I am officiating in two weeks. I hope the couple likes it, I'll know in a day or so.

I survived working outside 5 hours yesterday afternoon.

My nephew's review of "Transformers" was "Oh yeah baby!".

Think I'll have a late lunch at one of the waterfront restaurants today.

Jersey tomatoes!!!

• User
    16 years ago

Congratulations !!!!
    {{gwi:205244}}

• michaelalreadytaken
    16 years ago

Meredith,

Russian Pheasant algorithms??? Under glass??? Sounds yummy!!!

(Someone please tell me what Mereford is talking about)

When are you crossing the pond???

Joe,

That photograph is *****nth degree.

Original Author
    16 years ago

I hope the couple liked the writing, Diane, and that the tomatoes were good :)

Joe, Thank you!!! You know I'm a sucker for Lotus and it's gorgeously done!

MAT,

Apparently we go to grad school to learn how Russian peasants do math... or Egyptians really, they think...

Take two numbers to multiply: A * B

List under A a column of A halved, that answer halved on the next row, until you get to 1... [throw out anything past the decimal without rounding]

List under B a column of B doubled. Stop at the same row that you got to with A.

From the rows listed, look for odd numbers in A. Pull all of these rows out [including A * B, btw, if applicable].

Sum the B column. Voila! You have multiplied A and B, lol.

This is good for multiplication in binary systems because of the 2's element to it.

I like "Mereford" :) Bwahaha.

We are leaving on the 31st/1st. Aaack. I have my galoshes and shots in my back and the "one small bottle of still water" that I am allowed come Exam time ;] The roads are filled with water thigh-high on bicycles, the director says, but oh are we all still going to be there!

So very busy... just finished the last project and now finally studying for exams.

BTW versaid [sp?] & fentanyl is a wonderful concoction and I plan on getting $1800 shots on my birthday, Christmas, funerals, weddings... Fridays?? Just kidding. Perhaps the rest of the world could take it and we'd all be fine then!

Y'all take care and I'll take pics!!

Sponsored
Hope Restoration & General Contracting
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars35 Reviews
Columbus Design-Build, Kitchen & Bath Remodeling, Historic Renovations