Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tobr24u

Do you remember your first kiss?

tobr24u
17 years ago

I know this is an unusual subject for a guy to bring up, but while reviewing my life with a good martini and Olivia singing softly to me, my mind drifted all the way back to elementary school to about the second grade. There I was waiting to go on stage in a skit about money wearing a cardboard symbol of a nickel when the girl next to me who was a dime turned to me and planted a sweet kiss right on my lips. Needless to say I was surprised, but very pleasantly so. Sharon was her name and she was pretty then and went on to be a great beauty in high school. Unfortunately that was my first and last kiss by Sharon or anyone else, for that matter, for a long time. She became an adagio dancer, honor student, home coming queen, etc. Me? Well,let's just say that I was there and wound up pretty much with blank space after my name in the yearbook. But, I wonder what she would think of me now that I am the Caped Crusader. So, how about you, do you dare tell us about it?

Comments (26)

• odie96
    17 years ago

Yes, I do remember my first kiss. I thought I had invented the most wonderful thing. LOL

• pagan
    17 years ago

I don't really remember the first one, BUT I remember how GROSS I thought french kissing was!! YUCK!!

• harryshoe zone6 eastern Pennsylvania
    17 years ago

I do. I doubt my Springer Spaniel ever forgot either.

• youngquinn_gw
    17 years ago

I still havent given up hope (sigh) Why dont you give her a call Richard? She might have passionate memories also. LOL!

• tobr24u
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Harry, Only a guy could come up with that...LOL BTW, John Updike wrote a wonderful short story about a man and the first love of his life who he hadn't seen in over forty years. He went to visit her at her condo in Florida and was thinking of renewing his interest until he spent part of an afternoon with her and while drinking iced tea and eating a tuna sandwich he realized that even with candle light and wine in the evening that he would never be able to recapture the initial glow. So he left shortly after lunch. And, thus, I prefer to just remember the first kiss...

• blossomgirl
    17 years ago

Harry-I think this is a sweet thread. My first kiss---was with my first crush and it was at a amusement park. I remember thinking he smelled really good and it was his natural skin smell not cosmetic...Thanks for bringing back those memories.
    Gigi

17 years ago

Alright. You want sweet, blossomgirl? Take this.

I'm not saying it was my first. It might have been my first that I remember i.e., more skill than the Springer Spaniel. We were playing Post Office or Spin The Bottle, maybe 15 years old. I kept in touch with her and married her 40 years later.

• zeffyrose
    17 years ago

Harry ---what were you doing for 40 years ????

Florence

• User
    17 years ago

Yes Annemarie O' in the 5th grade & then my best friend John O' (not related) in the 6th grade and the lights went on !

• matissesmom
    17 years ago

That's all it took, Joe, just one kiss? LOL..

Harryshoe, that is one of the 'sweetest' stories I've heard since .. well... a very long time.

I'm sure it was more than worth the wait, too.

S

• AnneCecilia z5 MI
    17 years ago

Harryshoe, I'm so glad to hear you had other memories than the Springer Spaniel, LOL!
    I definitely remember mine - long anticipated; I thought the boy would *never* get up the nerve. But he finally did, right there in the rectory office where he worked part time after school helping the Catholic priests by answering phones and such. I wonder if that room ever before or since witnessed such an event! ;-)

• rozilla
    17 years ago

Harry, you have mail. Please check your junk mail first as that's where my GW stuff seems to end up. Maybe I'm the Springer Spaniel!
    Jamie

• matissesmom
    17 years ago

Jamie, what color are your eyes? Springers have brown eyes, don't they? ARF ARF!!!

snort snort.

• vikingqueenz5b
    17 years ago

I don't remember my first kiss...I know that I never liked kissing on the lips until I went to a sockhop and danced the whole night with a boy name Gary. I was about 15 then. He took me home and kissed me goodnight. Bells and Whistles.!!

Brenda:)

• Molineux
    17 years ago

I was 19 and the year was 1985. College classmate named Mark kissed me while we were dancing at a nightclub in Roanoke Va. The lightening hit so hard I thought my knees would give out from underneath me. I consider that my first kiss.

• meredith_e Z7b, Piedmont of NC, 1000' elevation
    17 years ago

Wink Martindale's jerky nephew in TN playing spin the bottle and he was sorry he got me... [braces]. Arrogant little twerp, really, and neither of us were happy to do it.

• ronda_in_carolina
    17 years ago

I can't resist this post...LOL

I was 13. VERY much a Tom-Boy. Full tackle bacyard football was what I was into. But there was a young man who liked me. His sister was taking a picture of us and I said "hey lets kiss"....why I have no idea.....and certainly not because I expected what I got! HE LAID ONE ON ME!!! My eyes were stuck shut such was the impact. Wow.....that was amazing.....what was that?? Never saw the train coming...but sure felt it hit! LOL

We will need to start another post to discuss what happened when my mom developed my film and saw the reprehensible behavior documented on film.....ahem......

Ronda
    who over time evolved into a southern belle of sorts
    :o)

• debrazone9socal
    17 years ago

Okay, I wasn't going to do this thread, but oh well.

I don't count "spin the bottle" or any of that. The first one I remember, that sent me over the moon, was from a boy named Dean.

We met at the movie theater. He was a friend of someone I knew, and we were all going to the movies. I was 12; he was 13. He went to some private military academy. He kissed like he was born to it. I felt like I was melting in his arms.

He invited me to his school's cotillion ball. I got all dressed up; he was in uniform. His mom drove. I won the centerpiece, and got kissed again at the dance.

He was not particularly handsome, but oh so charming. And 40 years later I still remember his kisses.

• jerseywendy
    17 years ago

Great subject, certainly bringing back some (funky) memories.

First 'real' kiss nearly left me traumatized, no kidding. I was 15 and he was nearly 17. I had dreamed about kissing many, many times, but when he kissed me for the first time, with his mouth wide open and a tongue from hell, I honestly nearly puked on him.

Needless to say, I never wanted to see him again.

The subsequent "boyfriend" luckily proved to me that not everyone's kisses feel like regurgitation.

• kathwhit
    17 years ago

Every summer we picked beans for money for school clothes. I met a boy named Don. He was a real ladies man. I was 14 and he was 16. We necked every time we got the chance. Boy was he a good kisser. Then when I went to HS and saw him again, he acted like he didn't know me. Heartbreak!
    Kathy

• meredith_e Z7b, Piedmont of NC, 1000' elevation
    17 years ago

Wendy, I dated that dude too ! ;]

17 years ago

Hey Zeffy,
    We were best friends throughout our teenage years. We never dated unless she was desperate for a big dance or something. Truth is, I liked to party and she was a "nice" girl. I was afraid of the commitment required. We went off to college and both were married before we graduated. I kept in touch. In 2000, I called her and we decided to get together. We soon realized what most of us learn in our old age: what we are really searching for all along is our best friend.

• clairewags
    17 years ago

I was in fifth grade and it was in the back of the room while we were supposed to be watching a movie. We went on to kiss each other 'goodbye' every day after school before we got on the school bus. His name was Mark and I was totally heart broken when my 'friend', who had been his 'girlfriend' before me, found out we were kissing she stole him back because he never kissed her and she thought she was prettier than me. I feel like an a$$ just writing that! No wonder all my best friends are now men. :)

• andrewlina
    17 years ago

Ahhhhhhhhh Puppy love. His name was Chad and I met him at church group,I was like 11 or so. He was a die-hard Cowboys fan,which I memorized all the teams stats and numbers and all that stuff.Good thing I got smart and switched to the Packers. It would not have worked out between us.

• zeffyrose
    16 years ago

Harry---would you believe it took me a year to find this post again.

I just now read your post---that is so sweet.

Florence

• moodyblue
    16 years ago

I liked the younger men, I was eight and Kevin was seven. I holidayed every summer at my aunts on a farm and when I first met Kevin, it was love at first site. We shared many a warm kiss and cuddle in the haystacks.

But the most kisses of them all came from MY springer spaniel. Teehee - I know the feeling Harry - both your kiss stories were sweet especially that of your first and last love! But man, can I relate to the sloppy kisses of a Springer spaniel ....and I wish I could feel those licks now on my face.

Fun thread, thanks!
    Pauline Patrick the last of our four Springers, the only black one.
    {{gwi:205341}}

Patrick
    {{gwi:205344}}