Return to the Roses Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Of gardens and sand...

Posted by cajunrosegal 10 south florida (My Page) on
Tue, Jul 17, 07 at 10:03

Ive been in Florida for a month now, finally found a house. Have decided since Im leasing to do a pot ghetto. Until I decide in the next year or two to buy a house Im not planting anything. Never done a pot ghetto before so this will be a new one for me.
Do all roses do well in pots? Are there some that are better than others? I know many of you have pot ghettos...HELP!
Missing my roses, cant stand the fact that I left all my babies but they would have died and they were happy where they were.
Ang

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Of gardens and sand...

Mais, C'est domage! How are the crawfish over there? Are they as large as back home? I have never heard of, "pot
ghetto". Do you start with a roux? Bonne chance Cousine. T

o

You have it in the wrong place,Ang.Take it to discussion.

o

Crawfish? Here? I havent even LOOKED!!! Im going to check it out.
Ang

o

• Posted by taureau 8B South Louisiana (My Page) on
    Wed, Jul 18, 07 at 20:27

Just joking Ang. I here Blanko is moving to Florida after
she leaves office.

o

Not in FL but I do grow a lot of my roses in pots due to rock outcropping issues that limit where I can plant. They are 95% own root, the other 5% grafted on Huey. Not sure how roses grafted on fort. would handle a pot but with 20" pots you should be good to go with most roses one can buy.

o

OMG BLANKO IN FLORIDA??? There goes the neighborhood!
Ang

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Roses Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here