Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rainlily_sis

coming out of lurkdom - again - pics (long)

rainlily_sis
16 years ago

Hi, everybody - I haven't post in forever - but I was so excited about these zoo pictures that I had to share. I usually hang out at the Antique Rose forum and gallery, but thought maybe a big thread with zoo pictures would be more appropriately posted over here.

I spent the day experimenting with manual settings and of course, messed up a bunch of them but got enough good ones to make me happy.

Hope you enjoy!

Sis

{{gwi:205504}}

{{gwi:205506}}

{{gwi:205507}}

{{gwi:205508}}

{{gwi:205509}}

{{gwi:205510}}

{{gwi:205511}} {{gwi:205512}}

Comments (20)

• twohuskies
    16 years ago

Oooohhhh!!! They are all so beautiful! My favorites are the large cats (I'm partial to the large kitties). And the colors on the last two are spectacular! The black border sets them off perfectly.

Thanks for sharing those awesome photos..

• pete41
    16 years ago

Registered today?

• rainlily_sis
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thanks, twohuskies!

Yes, I did register today - with this name - but I've been a member since 2004.

• harryshoe zone6 eastern Pennsylvania
    16 years ago

Thanks Sis. Your use of black and white is so dramatic! How about some of your cute children?

• debnfla8b
    16 years ago

Hi Sis!!!

Glad to see you back.

I adore elephants...I collect elephant stuff. That turtle picture is precious too.

Love ya dear heart,
    Deb

• orchids2000
    16 years ago

Those are awesome photos. So how is the photo biz, treating you? Still doing OT?

• onewheeler
    16 years ago

Well Sis I gotta say, you have so much talent, I am delighted to see your pics, beautiful as always.

Thanks for sharing.

Valerie

• rainlily_sis
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thanks, Harry! I'll have to work on some new ones of the kids soon.

Hey, Deb! I didn't know you collected elephants, fun! Thanks, girlie.

Hey there, orchids! Thanks so much. Yep, photo biz is good, I started a part-time portrait business and will celebrate my first anniversary on Aug. 1, yay! Still doing OT, though - making decent money on the side job but not enough yet to quit and do 'pitchers' full time! lol

Aw, thanks, Valerie, that was nice!
    Sis

• User
    16 years ago

Wow nice shots love the Roseate Spoonbill

• moodyblue
    16 years ago

Absolutely, absolutely LOVE your pics - Adore the cats. I want to be bold as an elephant and share my daughter and familY'S picture of a six day old baby elephanT at the San Diego Zoo this year. PRICELESS!!!

{{gwi:205513}}

HAPPY you have come out of lurkdome, hope yiou stick around for a while. Did I tell you that I LOVED your photography!! :smile
    Pauline - Vancouver Island

• debnfla8b
    16 years ago

Pauline, that is a beautiful picture of Mama elephant and baby...how precious!!!

Deb

• carla17
    16 years ago

Nice to see you Deb.
    Sis, I like your black and whites. Also the colorful birds.
    Hope you are doing well.

Carla

• rainlily_sis
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thank you, Pauline! You've made me feel very welcome! That baby elephant is adorable! I'm so glad you posted that photo. My kids and I went to the San Diego Zoo back in 2005 and it was a lot of fun.

Thanks, Carla, and I'm doing really good. How about you? Do you hear from Rozanna? I haven't heard from her in a while. I couldn't go over to her house last time she was in and I really regret that.
    Sis

• rainlily_sis
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Since you guys are enjoying them, here are a few more. My DH isn't so crazy about the b/w instead of color, but I really love it, it's different than my "usual" zoo pics. But he really liked this fish which I have no clue as to what it is, haha, we'd call it a "gar".
    {{gwi:205514}}

My focal point is off here, it's on the back of it's head rather than the rise of it's eyes.
    {{gwi:205516}}

I faded the color on this one and darkened it around the edges so your eye would be drawn more to the bird. I liked it but I'm not sure of it. What do you think?
    {{gwi:205518}}

And finally, my "artsy" photo of a rhino rear. (HAHA!)
    {{gwi:205519}}

Thanks for looking!
    Sis

• twohuskies
    16 years ago

I LOVE you b/w photos, all of them!! That fish photo is really neat. And I think you did a nice job editing the bird photo too.

Pauline - your photo is so sweet! I love that cute little baby elephant.

• zeffyrose
    16 years ago

Great shots----I love the B&W

Florence

• pagan
    16 years ago

great shots and LOL at the rhino rear! looks like mine!!

Welcome back honey!

• rainlily_sis
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thanks, twohuskies, and Florence!

pagan, lol! I bet it doesn't look like yours.

My older son looked at it - he's not very 'artsy' - and he said "why did you want a picture of an elephant's butt?"
    LOL!!!
    Sis

• oldblush
    16 years ago

Dadgum Sis, you're getting good! Of course being a 'professional' you're supposed to be good. You keep raising the bar for the rest of us and it's completely out of my reach now.
    I love all the pictures and the leopard and the lion bestest. You could have kept that rattle mouth moccasin to your self. BTW, that is an alligator gar (I think).
    Hey, my rain lilies are blooming, wonder why (LOL).

• rainlily_sis
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Aw, Hamp! Thanks, buddy! You are no slouch yourself - I'm still trying to reach the bar you set yourself with those beautiful rose pics!

Thanks for the support, my friend, you've been there the whole way...

BTW - my rain lilies have sent up leaves, but no blooms yet, darn it! My mom had a beautiful pink one blooming beside her Don Juan the other day. I wish I had my camera at the time for a picture, but alas...
    Sis

Sponsored
Re-Bath
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Pittsburgh's Custom Kitchen & Bath Designs for Everyday Living