Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
carla17_gw

What happened to justice?

carla17
16 years ago

Lawyer got the official report on the jerk that hit our girls. Since 1977 he has had 4 DWIs and some speeding thrown in. I am SO disappointed in the judicial system, or lack thereof. That's ok, we know we're in this for the long haul. Even our lawyer said he wouldn't want to be on the streets with jerky.

Thank God for you guys and his love too.

Carla

:-)

Comments (6)

• jody
    16 years ago

I worked as a dispatcher for a small town police department for a very short period of time. When I processed an arrest for DUI I would always, always, always, look up that person's record on every system I had access to. If I found a previous DUI, I printed it and stapled it to the arrest record so the judge would have that information. Even now not all the systems talk to each other and people just don't go to the effort.

Then, they hire lawyers and cry about the difficulties in their life - no one is responsible for their actions anymore I guess - and get off or get reduced sentences. Or they keep getting the court date pushed back and are actually on the street for months, sometimes years before they go to court.

• paparoseman
    16 years ago

The very biggest reason that nothing is done about DWI is that the public officials themselves are drinking and driving.

Thats why the sentences are much stricter for drug use, you cannot go around passing laws that could get yourself locked up.

When you know you or your co- workers are drinking and driving it is a good reason to not pass laws that will ensnare you, much better to go after those other people that are not killing people but rather using it in their own house.

Personally I would give life sentences for third time offenders. When they complain that they have a disease I would suggest to them that they find a cure or we will.

Lance

• carla17
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I am not against drinking. I used to drink my share and don't have a problem with people drinking. I still do have a drink on occasion. But so many people drink and drive. And I can even forgive a driver who's had a drink or two. But when you are so loaded you hit three girls walking in the grass and one of them happens to be my daughter, I want to see you suffer. And when you've had past DWIs and speeding offenses, I take strong offense.
    Lance, I have learned so much negative factors about the so called judicial system. After seeing how things go, I can understand how this jerk got away. BUT no more. I am keeping a check on him and if the law cannot serve us right, our lawyer and I will attempt to take everything he has. So, is the law now in our hands.

Carla

• carla17
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Lance, I got so carried away I forgot to tell you that it's nice to hear from you.

Carla

• paparoseman
    16 years ago

Carla I was on a jury involving a drunk driver. His back history was completely kept from us. Unfortunately for him he took the stand in his own defense. During questioning by his attourny he stated that he was proud of his x number year driving record.

Trouble was he was about ten years older than me and his great driving record that he was so proud of was ten years less than mine. Afterwards it turned out that he had several convictions beyond where his great driving record started.

Lance

• pagan
    16 years ago

Carla - I am glad ya'll got an attorney - go get 'im Tiger!! BTW, does this bozo even have anything to be sued for? Did he have insurance??