Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
zeffyrose

Another pain update------YUK

zeffyrose
15 years ago

I've just been rereading my last post and thought I had better bring all my friends up to date--

First of all let me thank all of you for your kind concern--

It has been 10 months since the hip surgery and stress fracture----

After the EMG---(that Dr. told me it was NOT my back but when I checked again with the surgeon he said it was my back )and sent me to a Pain Management Dr.

PM Dr. put me on Celebrex in the morning---Cymbalta at night---

Still painful so after 2 weeks he stopped the celebrex and switched to Darvoset--- after 3 pills I had a frightening reaction to Darvoset---nausea----heavy sweating---clammy ----

so I stopped the Darvoset and now I'm supposed to take Advil for a week and if that doesn't help he will try the Epidural.

If they are now saying it is my back I will get in touch with the DR in Lancaster who did my back and see what he says---

I'm still in a lot of pain----I can barely walk with a cane.

It has been a tough 10 months----

Thanks again for all your concern------

Florence

Comments (8)

• sammy zone 7 Tulsa
    15 years ago

Florence, thank you for the update. I am sorry it is not better news, and hope your doctors will get busy and find out what is causing the pain -- and fix it.

Sammy

• carol_se_pa_6
    15 years ago

Florence:

I am so sorry that you are still in pain! I sure hope you find relief and soon. Would accupuncture help? I wish I could help.

Carol

• morz8 - Washington Coast
    15 years ago

Florence, I'm so sorry too that you're still in pain - I know we all are. What an awful experience this has been for you.

I think talking to the surgeon who did your earlier back procedure might be a great idea...he's seen it inside and out :) and may have some clue as to what is going on - and if it isn't your back at all, point you in the direction of someone who can help. Clearly something isn't right, it's been much too long.

I know you must be so tired of this...tired period, pain can be so wearing. Please don't get discouraged.

And don't feel like you 'flunked' Darvoset, I can't take it or Darvon related drugs either even though there isn't much I'm sensitive to or have a reaction to...that one makes me yucky.

Please stay in touch. I know the forum has been a little quiet lately but you have friends here. ((((Hugs))))

• kittymoonbeam
    15 years ago

I am glad you are getting help from them to find out what can be done. They say men's pain problems get solved faster because they speak up and keep on it until the issue is resolved. Glad to see that you are actively getting the help you need. Hope you're pain free real soon. *hugs*
    kitty

• ingrid_vc so. CA zone 9
    15 years ago

Florence, I don't know how you've been able to cope with this much pain for so long. Not knowing what's causing it would really bother me. Did they ever perform an MRI on you? That's usually quite helpful as a diagnostic tool. And I also wonder whether acupuncture might not be something for you to consider. There are no side effects such as you can experience with drugs and it's painless.

I wish you all the best and hope that something positive will come your way soon.

Ingrid

• kathwhit
    15 years ago

I'm so sorry to hear this news, Florence. I don't know what else to say except that I will be praying for your recovery and hoping that you can find some relief from the pain.
    Fondly
    Kathy

• zeffyrose
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I am now taking Vicodin-----the pain has been terrible--now it is in both legs---which leads me to believe that is has to be my back.

Nothing seems to help the pain-----

when I had the EMG that DR said it was NOT my back----(guess again)---

The Epidural is scheduled for Wed August 6-----I'm hoping it will relieve some of the pain---next step is to go back to the Neurosurgeon who operated on my back.
    Thanks for all you kind remarks.

I really appreciate your thoughtfulness.

Florence

• sammy zone 7 Tulsa
    15 years ago

Florence, there are answers, and I hope your doctors find them soon.

I had student a couple of years ago who had horrible headaches much of the time. She was 16 and had been to many places including Mayos.

Last year I received an email from the parents that they had taken her to M.D. Anderson in Houston. They found something very tiny in her brain. They fixed it, and now she feels great.

Sometimes it may not be the facility, but the doctors who happen to be there. You just need the right person to discover what is wrong. I hope you will be able to get some other opinions, and find out what in the world has happened. (A fellow teacher said that her daughter had minor surgery in her abdomen, the surgery made a nerve angry --"angry nerve???" And that was the cause of her pain. There are all kinds of things that could be wrong.

Good luck, and keep us informed.

Sammy

Sponsored
Winks Remodeling & Handyman Services
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County