Return to the Roses Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
I got some new pearls today

Posted by rainlily_sis (My Page) on
Sat, Jul 28, 07 at 12:58

tee hee

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Beautiful, isn't it? Spider web on the porch this morning, covered in dew.

Y'all have a great day!
Sis

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: I got some new pearls today

• Posted by morz8 Z8 Wa coast (My Page) on
    Sat, Jul 28, 07 at 17:33

I don't even like spiders, can't remember the last time I wore pearls - and it's beautiful

Do you ever get to this coast? Do you give lessons?

Thanks for sharing!

o

:O)
You're very sweet! Thanks...

I do a ton of studying and then practice, study some more, practice, pull hair out, haha, practice...

You get the picture!
Thanks again,
Sis

o

• Posted by taureau 8B South Louisiana (My Page) on
    Sun, Jul 29, 07 at 19:46

I thought you were referring to pearly whites. Hahaha
Just kidding. I like the photo. Those spiders really know how to build things. Looks like part of a superstructure of a bridge.

o

Isn't that interesting?

I think spiders are usually a good thing around here. We have brown recluse, but they are usually hiding. The Black Widow are the ones that get me because their markings are on the under side of their abdomen. What do we do, pick it up and look? I saw a spider the other day that was gleaming black with red or orange on top. My husband said it was not a black widow. It's gone.

You captured real artwork with that web.

What do you study?

Sammy

o

haha, thanks, taureau.

Thanks, Sammy. I have a couple of photography websites I go to and read up on how-to's and such. I subscribe to 2 photography magazines. I also browse bookstores and camera stores for instructional books, and have about 5 or 6. I just bought one Saturday that I'm excited to have, and can't wait to give a try - it's about classic Hollywood portraits (from the 20's through the 50's) and how to set up the same lighting. My daughter has picked out a picture of Norma Shearer that she wants me to try to duplicate:
photographer George Hurrell

and I found one of Vivien Leigh that I want to try with her:
photographer Clarence Sinclair Bull

Wish me luck! haha
Sis

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Roses Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here