Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rainlily_sis

me again, driving y'all crazy no doubt, more pictures! semi-long

rainlily_sis
16 years ago

A few months ago, I went out to my friend Leona's place because she wanted some artsy pics of some cactus flowers. This land has been in her DH's family for many many years, and no one can remember the cacti ever flowering. (I figure they just missed it, but who am I to say, haha). Anyway, here are a few that I really liked, plus some of around the property.

Hope you enjoy!

Sis

{{gwi:205601}}

{{gwi:205602}}

closer crop of above

{{gwi:205603}}

{{gwi:205604}}

{{gwi:205605}}

{{gwi:205606}}

I took this really quick before he turned around - Leona really liked it even though it's not technically all that great, lol

{{gwi:205607}}

I may have posted this before, over on Antique Gallery, if it's a repeat, I'm sorry! I took this from their little "gator" utility vehicle as we rode out to the cactus pasture.

{{gwi:205609}}

Comments (14)

• bettym_grow
    16 years ago

You will be framing & hanging up most of those right? I love the yellow & green color schemes of the first 4. They are all beautiful!

Betty

• pete41
    16 years ago

You sure know how to talk country.
    My kind of pictures.
    Sad to say not many come over here anymore.Don't feel unappreciated by lack of response.
    Keep em coming and maybe we can bring back happier times.

• carla17
    16 years ago

Sis, you know what. I was thinking earlier this week or last week that this place needs something. I for one am thrilled you are posting your lovely photos here and I thank you.
    I like to see everyday people pictures of real life, so interesting.

Carla

• rainlily_sis
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Betty, thanks! This actually is a "for-pay" job, haha. She wants to order prints for her mother-in-law, and maybe some for her home.

Thanks, Pete, and it's ok, everybody's busy, I know - I just like to share so I'm sure I'll be bugging everyone for a while! haha

Carla, I'm glad you're enjoying seeing my photos, and I hope it inspires other people to post theirs. I also love seeing glimpses of people's lives.
    Sis

• kathy9norcal
    16 years ago

Your photos are spectacular. Love 'em.
    Kathy

• pagan
    16 years ago

gorgeous! love the last one!

• onewheeler
    16 years ago

Sis I finally got a second to come and see your photos, amazing works of art, I love each and everyone of them, you know I am a huge fan of your photography.

Thanks for sharing.

Valerie

• bluesibe
    16 years ago

Man Sis, you are becoming even more talented. Is that possible?

Carol

• oldblush
    16 years ago

When you're in a field of prickly pear cactus be careful where you sit down! Spoken from experience. All your pics are beautiful as always Sis! I especially love the pond scene, brings back so many memories from my childhood.

• User
    16 years ago

I've been trying to figure out what to say about this since I've seen it. On an artistic level the boat on the water the reflection is a classic theme that never gets old or stale! On an emotional level I expect Rod Serling to appear and tell me this is the gateway to happiness and peace just row on over to the other side. Theres a tire on a rope and laughter on the other side!
    It says be here and rest and breath it says stay!

• twohuskies
    16 years ago

Oooh, I've never seen cactus flowers before!! How interesting. I agree with Pete - you sure know how to talk country. The pictures are so relaxing. Makes me dream of a home far far away from the city!

• rainlily_sis
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thank you, Kathy! :O)

Thanks, pagan, I was definitely in the right place at the right time!

Thank you, Valerie, you ain't no slouch yourself! lol

haha, Carol, thank you but if you saw how many times I hit the delete button on the camera, you'd think differently!

haha, Hamp! I know where you're coming from! When I was a kid, I jumped out of the back of Daddy's truck in the watermelon patch, and I didn't look first - landed smack dab in a bull nettle. Ouch! Thanks, buddy - I like that peaceful pond, too. My friend is getting that one for her boys' room.

Aw, Joe, wow, that was really sweet, and I thank you so much! I'm so glad you enjoyed it - it makes me happy to know you did when your photos bring me such joy.

Thanks, twohuskies. I haven't seen too many cactus flowers myself, and really enjoyed these. I really like the way the unopened buds look - they remind me of St. Basil's Cathedral in Red Square!
    Sis

• meredith_e Z7b, Piedmont of NC, 1000' elevation
    16 years ago

I can say gorgeous but I can't say why, lol. I missed where you were bugging, but I don't mind if [you] do ;)

Good to see you and great work!

• rainlily_sis
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Hey, Meredith! How ya been?
    Thanks, girl -
    Sis