Return to the Roses Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Expert Advice

Posted by michaelalreadytaken No Cal (My Page) on
Mon, Jul 30, 07 at 14:36

"Two specific instances were described where astronauts had been so intoxicated prior to flight that flight surgeons and/or fellow astronauts raised concerns. However, the individuals were still permitted to fly."

Wow--the flight surgeons pointed out the obvious and were ignored. When has that ever happened before? LOL.

Gosh, I wonder what the practical implications are for all of us at the "local" level? Thank God nothing like that ever happens here on Garden Web!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think NASA should do what the Presidents have done when faced with bad publicity---get a dog. Yep, that's what I think.

It could be their mascot. They could name it something like "Miracle Growl" the amazing space dawg. Of course, it'd have to be one of those tiny little yappy dawgs that didn't take up too much room.

Drunk Astronauts

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Expert Advice

or ``fatty''.One of those slobbering types that no one wants aground.

o

I wonder if they could teach a dawg to type. It could man the console!!!

MichaelAT

o

Hey, I've posted drunk before! Whaddya mean it doesn't happen on Gardenweb? :-)

The dog likes to have a sip of beer, too. We're drinking buddies. So much for that image thing.

We could use Altavista's Bablefish to translate from Dog to English when the dog "mans" the keyboard.

My Drinking Buddy (we also get free HBO with those ears):
Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

o

o

ROTFLOL!! I think the dog would be DOGGING the console...

(speaking of dawgs, guess who just barfed up part of a carrot? Guess Max agrees with mom, carrots suck!)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Roses Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here