Return to the Roses Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Im so jealous....

Posted by cajunrosegal 10 south florida (My Page) on
Thu, Jul 26, 07 at 17:51

everyone has beautiful roses growing and I dont have one...
:o(
Im going to get me some pots and plant me some, I cant stand it but I dont know if its to late in the season to plant anything in pots but then again Im in South Florida...anyone got any suggestions?
Angela

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Im so jealous....

You are in Florida.Plant away ,plant away 365 .Best time to plant here is November and Dec. which gives them a chance to settle in before the heat.If you do plant now in containers be sure and let them harden off for a week before putting in sun.
If you use a commercial potting mix such as Scott's or any other you get at box stores,take the time to knead the mix with water and get every bit in contact with water.Trust me on that.
You ought to post on rose discussion.Not much happening here.
Go to Walmart and/or K-mart and look for some $5 jobbies.They do fine here as Rmv isn't a factor.Course if you intend to plant later,in-ground you will need to see if Fortuniana is needed in your area.

o

• Posted by taureau 8B South Louisiana (My Page) on
    Thu, Jul 26, 07 at 20:21

Cousine, plant away chere, but remember they're in pots, they will need to be watered frequently. Bonne chance T

o

I do much better with roses in the ground then in pots. In pots, they have to be watered every 5 minutes here in Charleston cus it gets so bloody hot. Throw some moisture crystals in the hole and plant away!! You'll have to water them til they get established, but after that they'll be fine!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Roses Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here