Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
celestialrose_nh

The Boyfriend was arrested!.......

celeste/NH
15 years ago

This forum has been pretty dead lately but I wanted to post the good news that Grace's no-good boyfriend was arrested for burglary of a local business... and the BEST

NEWS OF ALL....Grace is done with him!!!! After 3 years of him manipulating and taking advantage of her loving heart, stealing from her, us, and everyone who

was good to him, and all the lies....justice finally came through. We knew one day he would slip up and get caught, but it seemed like the nighmare would never end and my daughter would never be free of him. I have posted many times about the heartache of this situation and all the twists and turns, and finally I have my Gracie back.

She is once again the loving, beautiful girl we remember before her dreams and her self-esteem were stolen

and is starting a new chapter in her life. She is working hard, dating a guy her own age finally, going out with her

friends which she couldn't do since the ex-boyfriend was so controlling and dressing up and caring about her appearance again.

Things are tough here for me, taking care of my elderly mom with Alzheimer's and a broken hip 24/7. Some days I feel

so overwhelmed, but God is good and rewarding me with the gift of my Gracie back. Just to see her smile again, and feeling her hug me again, is a dream come true.

Celeste

Comments (19)

• zeffyrose
    15 years ago

Oh Celeste-----I was so happy to see this post.---I'm sure it is wonderful to have your precious daughter back.
    I've been thinking about you lately. I know your life has been difficult but just want you to know you are in my thoughts and prayers.
    Thanks for letting us know the good news.

Florence

• carla17
    15 years ago

Yippee, Celeste. What goes around comes around. I knew that goofball would do something to trip up. I'm so happy for you, I know how you worried and agonized over this. I try to remember that God will never put on us what he and I can't handle together.

:-) for Gracie coming back
    Carla

• morz8 - Washington Coast
    15 years ago

Celeste, that's wonderful news...your title gave me a great big smile this morning - it told the story all by itself.

Now lets hope he serves at least several months while Grace gets herself firmly, irrevocably planted in another direction ;)

You must be SO happy!!!

• AnneCecilia z5 MI
    15 years ago

Praise be! That is just wonderful news to hear. May the sun keeping shining for you and Grace.

• rose_nutty
    15 years ago

WOOOOHOOOO!! Prayers answered! Please take care and take time for YOURSELF in the caring of your mother. It can be exhausting. I'm so happy that Gracie has come back to you - it makes all other things bearable, doesn't it?

• kittymoonbeam
    15 years ago

How happy I am for both of you! Glad your family is together again and your daughter is with the ones who love her. Hopefully, this man has learned his lesson and will reform his awful ways so he doesn't hurt anyone else. Amazingly, with all you have to cope with, you made it through and I hope and pray life gets better and better for you.

• debnfla8b
    15 years ago

Oh my gosh!!! That is WONDERFUL news!!!!

I'm glad Gracie is home at last...I know you missed her horribly.
    My own precious Jessica is driving slam across the country to Arizona Celeste...for graduate school. My heart is just slowing breaking but I am so darn proud of her! This is really a good thing, just sad for me because she will be so far away...LOL

But perhaps Gracie can help you with your cute little Mama! I swear, I so love the pictures you show us with her precious hats and beautiful smile!

Deb

• harryshoe zone6 eastern Pennsylvania
    15 years ago

I am very happy for you and your daughter. You deserve a lot of credit for your self-discipline throughout this episode. Many parents would have driven the child away by trying to control the situation. Your faith in Gracie has been rewarded.

• kathwhit
    15 years ago

All I can say is "YAY!!!!" That is the best news ever! Hang in there with your Mom, I remember the pictures you posted of her. She has the sweetest face! I hope she recovers from her fracture quickly and you get a break from caregiving. I am so happy that Grace is free from that creep.
    Sincerely
    Kathy

• katerosie
    15 years ago

This is Katerose, I feel the pain. I have to turn my daugher in for stealing from me for drugs, boyfriend influence, more important than her mommy and daddy. I am a mess. I love all of you so much. The mommy nightmere. So sorry for your pain

• zeffyrose
    15 years ago

Katerose---I'm so sorry to hear this---Parenting can be very difficult at times---
    Thinking of you.

Florence

• paparoseman
    15 years ago

This is great news although he is sitting in a cell somewhere saying this is all someone else's fault. Your patience has finally been rewarded, enjoy getting back to good times with your daughter.

Locally a man that had been out of jail for 11 days drifted his car on to the shoulder and killed a woman out for a walk. He then tried to leave the scene but a good samaratin saw what happened and followed him while telling 911 where he was going. He turned out to be over twice the legal limit for intoxication. The first words he said as the cuffs were put on were ( Why does this always happen to me ). Just the kind of thing you hear from controlling people who cannot face up to their own problems. Good for your daughter finally coming to her senses.

Lance

• opheliathornvt zone 5
    15 years ago

Oh, thank goodness. I'm so relieved for you - it sounded like a truly terrible situation for a lovely woman to be in.

• lesdvs9
    15 years ago

That's great Celeste, I'm so happy for you. I knew it was only a matter of time too before this guy would steal or rob something or someplace. I'd hoped it would be sooner than later. I'm glad she's home and finding herself again.

I'm sorry about your Mom, that must be really tough to deal with and you get through a day at a time. Does her dr have her on this new med that supposed to help memory? Just curious. My thoughts are still with you.
    Leslie

• hoovb zone 9 sunset 23
    15 years ago

That's wonderful news. Hopefully the guy will stay gone forever.

• Molineux
    15 years ago

Congratulations to you and your daughter. I remember the sheer agony this fiend put your family through. Thank goodness Gracie finally came to her senses. The last time I read a post about your daughter she had run off to Florida with the disgusting piece of human garbage. I think it was then that I washed my hands of the whole sordid ordeal. Just too upsetting to read. Hopefully she will NEVER make the same mistake again.

Caring for ill family members is tough. Hang in there and never forget to treasure the small joys that come your way.

Patrick

• celeste/NH
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thank you Patrick, and everyone for your thoughtful remarks.

To update, Grace is doing terrific, although yesterday she was diagnosed with Lyme Disease and has been sick lately.
    (I had Lyme Disease many years ago when my 3 kids were small, as a single mom and it is TOUGH.) But her emotional health is wonderful and those nightmarish days are behind us now. The ex was indicted for burglary, a class B felony, but did not show up for his court date and has disappeared. A warrant is out for his arrest. He tried for a long time to contact Grace, no doubt because
    he needed money....but she stayed strong and has had no
    contact with him. She is in a healthy relationship now
    and is enjoying life to the fullest. We are back to being
    close again and I am treasuring the laughs we share...she is my Gracie again!

Mom's Alzheimer's is progressing and caring for her is becoming more demanding, but I do get 2 afternoons off a week (there is a senior daycare program that she attends and enjoys). My rose season is winding down, and I have
    been so busy the summer flew by. Hope this finds all of you well...
    Celeste

• dirt_yfingernails
    15 years ago

I am so glad that Grace eventually had enough self-esteem to see the light. Both my oldest DDs went through a total of three abusive relationships before they saw the truth.

• moodyblue
    15 years ago

I have not have a chance to post many responses lately, but I read the posts every day and I know I will catch up eventually.

I was so pleased Celeste to hear the inevitable re Gracie - and she is in a new relationship to boot. Hope she is going to find happiness and contentment. Thank God, the sod is out of her life. Best wishes to her and to you in having your close relationship back.

Sorry about your mum. I hope she is comfortable. It is so sad...and so hard on you and your family, but what can you do, you are doing all you can for your mum!

My heart goes out to you. Regretably, I never had that kind of closeness with my mum. She was not into it!!

My thoughts are with you.
    hugs!
    Pauline - Vancouver Island

Sponsored
Dream Baths by Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Your Custom Bath Designers & Remodelers in Columbus I 10X Best Houzz