Return to the Roses Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Drive by posting--Happy Fourth!

Posted by hollysprings 8a Mississippi (My Page) on
Wed, Jul 4, 07 at 20:13

Hey guys, I'm still alive and kicking, and there's the occasional week I look in on the Forum. Still growing about 300, but they're looking ragged right now with the drought (and now flood!) and my less time to care for them. My career as a Kitchen Designer has been really rewarding, and I'm about to decide that it's the job I've always been suited for but never found. My husband is still doing OK with his MS, and is more than halfway through his extended job stationing in DC. Hopefully, he will be able to disabilty retire in October, and we'll not have to do the long distance thing any more. It's been hard, and I've not had much time for leisure activities like the Forum and roses, but it'll soon be over, and I can relax and take some ME time!

Good to catch up on some things every now and then, and I see Pete is still in the lead for "Crotchetiest Old Man Still Standing". ;~)

I'll try to look in a bit more in the next couple of days, as I actually had a holiday off!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Drive by posting--Happy Fourth!

Wow great to hear from you!

o

Happy 4th to you too, Hollysprings. Glad to hear that your DH will be done with his stint in DC so you can be together and enjoy a more "normal" schedule. It's always so good to see a post from you - I look forward to more in the future!

Anne

o

Good to hear from you and that the DC alternative is working out.

o

Good to hear from you. We have missed your insight and passion for our fluffies.

Foghorn

o

• Posted by hoovb z9 Southern CA (My Page) on
    Thu, Jul 5, 07 at 2:22

Great to hear from you and nice to hear that you are managing ok.

o

Hollysprings, so glad you stopped by. Good to hear you and your husband are doing fine.

Carla

o

• Posted by mjsee Zone 7b, NC (My Page) on
    Thu, Jul 5, 07 at 10:13

Hollysprings...

Great to hear from you! Hope DH's MS is in/stays in remission.

melanie

o

Holly,

You brightened up my day. It was great to hear from you.

You are right about Pete.

Harry

o

Happy Fourth to you! I'm so glad y'all are doing well. Here's to an October retirement! Take care.

o

Don't be a stranger-we need a live wire.

o

WOW---I was so happy to see your name------

I've missed all you very welcome advice----

Hope everything works out for you and you can scome back to us more often

Florence

o

howdy, holly--good to know you're still checking in on us!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Roses Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here