Return to the Roses Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
I wanna be a cowboy...

Posted by pagan 8b (My Page) on
Thu, Jul 12, 07 at 20:58

I have been thinking about running away to be a cowboy. Anybody want to go along??

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: I wanna be a cowboy...

Me, me! Although I'd be a cowgirl, haha.

I already have a horse!

o

• Posted by taureau 8B South Louisiana (My Page) on
    Thu, Jul 12, 07 at 21:18

I'm already a cowboy.

o
what kind? :O)

Urban or drugstore?

HAHAHAHA! Just kidding!

o
cowboy...

wheeeehaw, lots of closet cowfolk out there!! I guess if I were to be entirely truthful, I would have to be a cowgirl too...

what exactly IS a drugstore cowperson??

o

So you want to be a cowboy, baby?

(this ain't me, I like my thumbs too much to rope)

I ride whenever I can with the guy in the white shirt in the photo - he breaks colts and runs cattle. Personally, I think cowboy-dom is over-rated. It's crazy hard work.

Cheers,
Michelle

o

I think most entry level cowboy positions now require at least a B.S. And then there's the matter of getting into the union. I've heard it helps if you know someone or have prior experience.

If you still have your heart set on it, be sure to upload your resume' in Word format only!!! (12pt) to Monster.com's Western Living section. You may also want to consider using an employment agency or doing an unpaid summer internship. Be advised that internships are limited and selection is competitive.

Foreign language skills expected, Chicago Board of Trade experience a +.

Opportunity to still be up at 1:00 a.m. in middle of winter, in the rain, shoving antibiotics down steaming throats of unappreciative slobbering cattle that will be sold for less than their acquistion cost: priceless.

Hope this helps.

:):):)

MichaelAT

o

Drugstore cowboy
has $500 custom boots
$600 custom hat
a sheepskin lined suede coat and Australian outback duster,steely eyed glint,drives an old pickup and works in an office.

o
ballerina

hmmmm, ok, being a cowperson is probably out of my league... how about a ballerina???!! Anybody wanna be a ballerina??

o

OH yes, count me in. Just think of it, horses are better company than most people. LOL
No speeding laws, no DWIs. Sign me up! When do we leave?

Carla

o
Pagan,

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

o

Oh, my gosh.

I want that Clydesdale. He's GORGEOUS.

o
Save a horse ...Ride a Cowboy!

o

Echoing previous comments,

Oh, my gosh.

I want that Clydesdale. He's GORGEOUS.

MichaelAT

o
cowboy...

OHMYGOSH!! FORGET THE HORSE, I WANT THE COWBOY!!!!!!! (wiping drool from the keyboard...)

o

I would rather have the horse, horse doesn't talk back and his attitude is probably better. Also the horse can take you places! LOL

Carla

o
Pagan and Sis

Someone didn't want the Clydesdale so my uncle took him. My daughter will ride him someday.

Carla

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Roses Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here