Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
carla17_gw

Which dvd's have you liked

carla17
16 years ago

I watched Fracture with Ryan Gosling and Anthony Hopkins. It is very good and I recommend it. The last movie worth watching for me was Notes On A Scandal.

I haven't seen Hairspray yet.

chime in

Carla

Comments (8)

• orchids2000
    16 years ago

Working on Hero season 1 at the moment. Definitely interesting. Flags of our Father and Letters from Iwo Jima were both moving films and worth watching. I saw a receipt for 300 so I wonder where that has been hidden, hmm...

• iowa_jade
    16 years ago

"Children of Men" was kind of hard to watch the first time. The second time it was better especially with the bonus features which make you appreciate the extremly long - real time - uncut takes that were made. The DVD is not due until Friday so I am going to drive the Troll nuts!

Really cool! It is amazing just how much thought and effort and love goes into the making of such a film.

OTOH Wild Hogs was fun, but scary as the riding skills of the actors was suspect and they were not riding mopeds. A movie shot over a beer, but fun. One needs to laugh. "Makeup!" is good, remembering Red Skelton or was that Uncle Milte?

• meredith_e Z7b, Piedmont of NC, 1000' elevation
    16 years ago

Breach was very good - I saw it on the plane [while Dad watched Wild Hogs, AAMOF]. I am fascinated with that story [and still swear we were surveilled while I was in High School but of course that gets neither a yay or nay from Dad'n'folks anyway]. Amazing that a breach could be so high up, and terrifying!

• pete41
    16 years ago

Whats dvd's ? Something like 8mm or stereo? Gotten any good kaleidoscopes lately? My radio blew a tube,what nights A & A on?They are funny.

• pete41
    16 years ago

Sorry Carla,since I didn't know what a DVD was I couldn't resist a little inside joke,with myself.

• kathy9norcal
    16 years ago

I have found I an enthralled by the tv series on dvd from Netflix. We went through Nip Tuck quite quickly, all the available seasons. (You can't be overly modest to watch this one.) Watching a series on dvd is so nice, as you don't have to wait a week or worry that it won't tape. The whole season is there!

For scifi, we absolutely loved 4400. A must.

24 is very addictive. You have to deal with terrible anxiety, however.

Carnivale was fascinating in a different way--a carnival during the dust bowl era.

And currently, Dog Whisperer. Didn't know it would be so good. You can't watch just one. Cesar Millan is wonderful!!

Kathy

• peachiekean
    16 years ago

Have watched 4 seasons so far this summer of "The Shield" We've been glued to it. Season 5 coming right up.

• diane_nj 6b/7a
    16 years ago

Kathy, have you been in my DVD cabinet??? ;-))

IJ, Children of Men was hard to READ, and I usually love P. D. James's work. It is in my Netflix queue 'cause Clive Owen rocks. My mom liked Fracture and Shooter and I have Hot Fuzz (if you haven't seen Shaun of the Dead, you should!), 300, and Zodiac waiting for early next week. I have "Damages" waiting in the DVR. And Deja Vu (Denzel!) and Kickin' it Okd Skool ('cause Michael Rosenbaum from "Smallville" is the man).

Two from the BBC for those of you who don't get BBC America: MI-5 (if you like 24, you will LOVE MI-5, their baby-faced cutie spies could whip Jack Bauer with one hand, and I love me some Jack Bauer!) and Waking the Dead (CSI meets Cold Casee with similar, enigmatic, troubled, driven, leaders).