Return to the Roses Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
I lost a good friend

Posted by carla17 Z7 NC (My Page) on
Mon, Aug 27, 07 at 8:27

I just want to talk to someone today. Due to many complications, I lost a good friend during the family deaths. Not one of the deceased ones, it's someone else.
I've always heard that suicide is a selfish way and it is. It is the worst thing you can do to loved ones and friends. I don't think our friendship will ever recover.

I always get lonely when school starts too. Don't have my daughter at home with me. I'm going to have to seriously find a niche for myself.

A relationship is like fine china. Once broken, though repaired, it can never be the same.

Carla

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: I lost a good friend

I'm sorry to hear this------It is always difficult to lose treasured friends---

I know what you mean about the children leaving for school---I was never happy in Sept.---Some mothers seem to rejoice when the kids go back to school----Not me--I missed them.

I hope you can find something to help you fill the days---

Florence

o

Thank you Florence. You have a heart of gold.

Carla

o

I, too, recently lost a good friend. She got angry over something that I did that was a total misunderstanding on her part. I think we will repair the friendship, but like you said it will never be the same. I will always be guarded with her now where I wasn't in the least little bit before. I feel your pain and I'm so sorry.

Like both you and Florence, I, too, am always sad when the kids go back. We have such fun together in the summer. I'm never ready to let them go back to school.

Hang in there, kiddo. Time will help dull the many pains that you are now dealing with.

o
RE: school children

Rosenutty, how old are your children?
I know I should know you if you've been on here very long. Please forgive me. When everyone changed to the desert and changed names, I had a difficult time knowing who's who. It seems to continue now.
It doesn't help to have your mind crowded either. LOL

Carla

o

• Posted by morz8 Z8 Wa coast (My Page) on
    Mon, Aug 27, 07 at 12:40

Carla, I'm so sorry this has happened just when you need your friends the most. I'm emailing you this morning....

o

I've been around for several years, but really don't post much. I've never left to go to the desert - I enjoy this forum very much, even with all it's struggles from time to time. I check in several times a day, mostly just absorbing all the knowledge. I have 4 girls - a junior in high school, twins that are in 6th grade, and a 3rd grader. We went from a small country school to a school in town this year when they closed down our school, so it was harder than ever to let them go. They are doing fine, however; it seems to be Mom who's having a tough time with the adjustment. :0( In time, I'll be okay, too.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Roses Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here