Return to the Roses Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
death to all fruit flies!

Posted by pagan 8b (My Page) on
Fri, Aug 24, 07 at 8:43

Somehow my computer area has gotten infested with fruit flies! It needs a good cleaning and spraying - DH just got handed his first honey-do today!!

(ain't life grand?!)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: death to all fruit flies!

I believe you mentioned you may have been a policeperson.That being the case or even if you were kidding,you should know better than making violent threats.With the Michael Vick case getting 24/7/365 coverage you have to assume Peta and Spca headhunters are anxious to find more wrongdoers.
Therefor your best plan of attack would be to ``zap em'' then claim self defense or you were protecting loved ones.

o

pagan, you made me laugh! I agree btw, they are so darn fast when you try to swat them, I think they are quicker than regular flies.

What has me intrigued is that they are around your computer? that is weird, did you drop something on your keyboard? Hmmm.

Betty

o

Put a little wine or apple cider vinegar in a glass and trap them!!! It's the only thing that's worked for me. I think the heat here killed ours. LOL

Carla

o

I swear the darn things live forever. I used to work in a fly lab and one day they followed me home. I never did get rid of them before I moved. Oh, and don't worry Pete, fruit flies aren't classified as animals. We're allowed to do whatever we want to the flies in the lab and I've done horribly cruel things to them.

o

Get a little toad to live in a potted plant on your desk :) :)

o

I use that sticky fly paper and fly swatters. It takes awhile, but that gets them.

Sammy

o
fruit flies!

LOL - good advice all! Actually, I think the wine idea is what attracted the flying fiends in the first place - I routinely eat, drink and make merry while at my computer!

(Pete - as a former policeperson, I gotta say we rarely make empty threats!! Who the heck is Michael Vick? is he the sports guy who was into dogfighting?? Anyway, looks like the fruit fly population is on the decline - and spraying tons of bug spray around the computer doesn't seem to have hurt it any...)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Roses Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here