Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dublinbay

How hot is it????????

dublinbay z6 (KS)
16 years ago

IT'S SO HOT...

.....the birds have to use potholders to pull worms out of the ground.

.....the trees are whistling for the dogs.

.....the best parking place is determined by shade instead of distance.

.....hot water now comes out of both taps.

.....you can make sun tea instantly.

.....you learn that a seat belt buckle makes a pretty good branding iron.

.....the temperature drops below 95 F (35 C) and you feel a little chilly.

.....you discover that in July it only takes 2 fingers to steer your car.

.....you discover that you can get sunburned through your car window.

.....you actually burn your hand opening the car door.

.....you break into a sweat the instant you step outside at 7:30 a.m.

.....your biggest bicycle wreck fear is, "What if I get knocked out and end up lying on the pavement and cook to death?"

.....you realize that asphalt has a liquid state.

.....the potatoes cook underground, so all you have to do is pull one out and add butter.

.....the cows are giving evaporated milk.

.....farmers are feeding their chickens crushed ice to keep them from laying boiled eggs.

I figured that if you can't stay cool, a snicker or two might at least help. : )

Kate

Comments (13)

• taureau
    16 years ago

Mon Dieu, that is really hot.
    Here we had a pair of mules plowing in the corn field when the pop corn started popping. Both mule's stopped dead in their tracks; they thought it was snowing! C'est se pas vrai non! Ton ami, T.

• pete41
    16 years ago

``Only mad dogs and Englishmen''
    Learn to be a nite owl.Quite nice.

• pagan
    16 years ago

ROTFLOL!! very good ones!

Hot here too - worse then usual this time of year. Frying eggs on sidewalks is a new media event... DH is going to a BBQ & Bluegrass event next weekend - I told him to have a good time! Way too hot to spend any length of time outdoors listening to music I don't enjoy...

• zeffyrose
    16 years ago

You gave me a chuckle this morning------

I just read that it was this hot way back in the early 30's---I think of my parents raising two little girls(I was born 1929) in all that heat with no AC------phew-----

Can't wait for fall.

Florence

• bettym_grow
    16 years ago

Hahaha! this is cute-----

It is GORRRRR-GEOUS here in Michigan today! It is a breezy, sunny, 76 degree day today, my daugher and her little friend are out flying a kite it is so windy! The got it caught on a small tree and are trying to figure out a way to get it down.

Enjoy your day!

Betty

• paparoseman
    16 years ago

We are sweltering through 71F. Partly cloudy and a light breeze, I sure do not miss high humidity and temps above 90F.

Lance

• dublinbay z6 (KS)
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Cold spell here--temps just dropped down to 98 degrees!

Actually, will be in low 90s for next week. Blissful!

Kate

• labrea_gw
    16 years ago

Going to only have a high of 75 tomorrow! Amazing here in humid city!

• sammy zone 7 Tulsa
    16 years ago

Kate, I love it. It cooled off yesterday ha ha, it got down to 97, but the heat index was 105.

I don't remember ever having such a bad year. First the weeks of rain, followed by such a drought. All I can do now is water, and my yard looks worse than ever.

I just completed my first week of school, and always lose the first weekend since I now know how I will be planning for the next few weeks. I always have to get started to really plan.

As I look outside, it is very sad. The weeds are as high as Gruss an Aachen, and I will just run the sprinklers. I don't dare challenge the heat, and we have so many warnings for West Nile Virus.

Your post made my morning.
    Thanks
    SAmmy

• cajunrosegal
    16 years ago

Its so hot...

The fish are sticking their heads out the water for a breeze.
    You smell BBQ and realize its your arm hanging out the window in your car.
    You shop in the store with the best A/C, no matter WHAT they sell.
    The sand on the beach could be considered cruel and unusual punishment.
    when you can throw a steak on the porch with out the grill and have it cooked to perfection in minutes.
    Ang

• diane_nj 6b/7a
    16 years ago

Woof. I can't add anything witty, my brain has melted. I am visiting a friend in GA (101 at this time of day!) while it is nice and cool (72) at my house in NJ.

• carla17
    16 years ago

Kate, you should visit SC. It is too hot for me! NC is not very cool either.
    Oh Diane, if GA is any worse forget me.

Carla

• meredith_e Z7b, Piedmont of NC, 1000' elevation
    16 years ago

Yep, hearing it's to be below 95 brings a sigh of relief.

A Good Thing: I can put my morning coffee in the car and drink it hot at suppertime. Really.

Actually my air conditioning isn't working this week either! But a] I'm used to it from the garden and b] if you sit right by a very breezy fan, the sweat can evaporate and it feels so much cooler than being outside. Noisy in the airtunnel, here, though.