Return to the Roses Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Share your favorite 2008 Olympic moments

Posted by kittymoonbeam (My Page) on
Mon, Aug 11, 08 at 16:53

I was up late watching the Americans swim the relay last night and I got so into it I woke everybody up with my loud cheering. What a race! Jason Lezac was amazing! Where did he get the willpower to win like that?! Truly inspiring. I am still thinking about it today. Phelps makes it look so easy when he wins, we almost expect him to. But wow! That race was something to see! Congratulations in the highest to them all!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Share your favorite 2008 Olympic moments

I enjoyed the opening show when the man ran across the top with the torch. I enjoyed the lighting of the torch also. How could they do that?

I also enjoyed Sarah Brighton, not spelled correctly, and she is one of my favorites. She and the man sang a beautiful duet, and I wonder how they were tied down.

The parade was awesome. They were preparing us for the American team, and mentioned ahead of time that they were wearing Ralph Lauren jackets. Isn't he French?

Oh, and the drums! The green costumes!

I really liked everything in the Opening Ceremony, but have not watched the games. (Today was my first day of school -- poor me.)

Sammy

o

• Posted by morz8 Z8 Wa coast (My Page) on
    Mon, Aug 11, 08 at 23:07

Kitty, I don't think I have any fav moments yet, but no doubt I will :)

It's been a busy-elsewhere few days and I haven't had a chance to view much, none of the opening, and only a little of the swimming and preliminary gymnastics but I'm going to try to catch up with what's going on.

o

Mine's gotta be when the men's swim team won the 4-man relay the other night. Loved Michael Phelps reaction - he was genuinely excited, there was no mistaking that (although I've seen that footage a ga-zillion times now, and it's starting to get old). I think the trash talking that the French team did made the victory all the sweeter. None of those guys had taken for granted that they were going to bring home gold.

o

I too think the relay has been the most exciting event so far----

It was all the more wonderful after the Frenchman said he was going to "smash" the American team

These swimmers are amazing to watch.

Florence

o

The lady gymnasts have been amazing----they are repeating them tonight at 8 on NBC and Phelps will be swimming after 10 P.M. EDT

o

Ryan Lochte winning the Gold medal! He is truly great. I wish he had not had to race Phelps 40 minutes after winning his gold medal. I think he would have gotten silver easily( auggh!-only 1/100th of a second away from silver!), and maybe even beaten Phelps for the gold. What a great personality as well. Looking forward to seeing him go for another individual medal 4 years from now as well.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Roses Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here