Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kittymoonbeam

I miss the old days

kittymoonbeam
16 years ago

Remember when you were a kid... you got an earache and they gave you a big nasty shot and you were feeling pretty good lickety split?

My ear was feeling kinda sore and I thought i'd go have it checked out because I'm a wimp when it comes to that kind of pain. The Dr. who was a cheerful young lady gave me some drops and sent me home. That's when the real pain kicked in. The next day I was back and could hardly sit up in the waiting room because of the pain. The second Dr. ( reminded me of House) said the neomycin in the drops had inflamed my ear canal and swelled it shut. So he gave me some new drops and sent me home. I am thinking what?! No friendly shot that used to terrify me as a kid?! How your perception of things change! I guess they don't do that anymore unless you are really really sick. Anyway, now I know what the cruciatus curse feels like. I remember that some of you are living with pain on a regular basis and my thoughts are with all of you as I hide in my bathtub in the dark.

Comments (4)