Return to the Roses Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
A Fishy Story

Posted by labrea 7NYC (My Page) on
Sun, Sep 2, 07 at 1:48

I was minding my own business I swear I was.. taking pictures of some lotus at The NY Botanical Gardens up in The Bronx. The I hear yo yo bud in the heaviest New Yawkese accent a cross between Bugs Bunny, Anne Bancroft, Yogie Bera and Penney Marshall ..yah get the Picture. Then out of the lilly pads I hear it again Yo bud No Pictures>
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Well A my name aint Alice so I musn't have fallen down a rabbit hole on the way in. Then I hear a horrible rendition of New Yawk New Yawk
The one fish looks right at me and says wait-a-minute bud we do a great Sinatra and he starts in with shoobee dobee doo
I walked away and sat by the edge of the pond and said I must be losing my mind when I hear Buddy Hacket say did yah hear the one about the blue eyed Koi
All and all I had a great day The Yankees won and I took a million pictures maybe you could deal with 40 or 50 in the link...many beautiful roses

Here is a link that might be useful: Joes day at The Gardens

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: A Fishy Story

Geez Joe i almost burnt my lemon Merangue pie looking at these shots LOL! (Just so long as none of the turtles started telling you jokes !!)
The first picture looks like he has a talk bubble coming out of his mouth LOL
I just love the Lotus shots

o

can't imagine fish talking with New Yawk accents - around here they all sound like Scarlett or Rhett!!

o

LOL! As long as they didn't sound like Pussy Bumpancero [sp!]...[sopranos]

Really cool shots and very funny!

o

Variety show fish--how cool. We don't have those in Kansas.

I took your tour of the botanical gardens/rose gardens--loved it. Thank you.

Kate

o

Very funny Joe. I've never been serenaded by a Koi before.

Carla

o

• Posted by morz8 Z8 Wa coast (My Page) on
    Sun, Sep 2, 07 at 20:28

Just wonderful - both your photos and your humor :)

o

Joe---You never cease to amaze me-----

thanks for wonderful pictures and your sense of humor------

Florence

o

The pictures and narrative are great! How do you remember all of the names of the flowers? If you aren't a professional photographer, you should be!!
Thanks!!!

o

Most of the flowers I know from going back year after year I also have a pretty good memory for roses just can't find my keys. Thanks for the compliment I'm not a pro!

o

Incredible pics. Loved the story. Thanks.

Valerie

o

I just love Koi. Before my Dad started showing roses he and I showed Koi. If you think dragging rose blooms around is hard, try it with a fish!

Trish

PS: I can actually hear those accents too. Scary.

o

• Posted by hoovb z9 Southern CA (My Page) on
    Tue, Sep 4, 07 at 15:28

I loved all the beautiful pictures. 'Fragrant Lace' and 'Leweson Gower' were particularly stunning. It did look like a perfect day--thank you for recording and sharing it.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Roses Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here