Return to the Roses Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Anniversary today, feels like 50 years!

Posted by carla17 Z7 NC (My Page) on
Fri, Sep 7, 07 at 7:56

I've been married 16 years today. Does anyone else feel like they've been married 50 years! Huh, maybe it has something to do with a teenage daughter!!!

Carla

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Anniversary today, feels like 50 years!

CONGRATS CARLA! So, what new rose are you buying to celebrate??

Isn't your baby girl 16 too?? (getting my calculator so I can do the math...)

I dunno, I feel like I have always been with my handsome hubby, but I know I was married to Dickhead for awhile - I have the unhappy memories to prove it! I also have some HAPPY memories of being single for a bit, so unless I dreamed it, my HH is a fairly recent (10 years!) blib on the radar screen...

o

daughter is 14 1/2

Carla

o

I've been married for 30 years this year, and it only feels like 5 or 10. 'Course, that doesn't explain the nearly 20 year old daughter we have....

o

• Posted by morz8 Z8 Wa coast (My Page) on
    Fri, Sep 7, 07 at 10:55

Carla - Happy Anniversary to you! You're practically newlyweds (36 and counting here, but you know I got married in preschool :))

I'm raising a toast to you with my Ovaltine to another blissful 16, then 16 more....

o

43 years today! It seems like a couple of weeks. It helps to be senile. Now if my body was 43 years younger! My co-worker says that is a long time to be married or even alive. I think we are going to have tofu burgers and baked beans tonight and watch an action flick on DVD.

It is nice to have two great kids grown up at ages 37 & 39 with two granddaughters. The teenagers actualy become human after being on their own for 10-20 years or so.

o

Congratulations.
And you've made me realize that our twenty years seems like a lot longer.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Roses Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here