Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
carla17_gw

Anniversary today, feels like 50 years!

carla17
16 years ago

I've been married 16 years today. Does anyone else feel like they've been married 50 years! Huh, maybe it has something to do with a teenage daughter!!!

Carla

Comments (6)

• pagan
    16 years ago

CONGRATS CARLA! So, what new rose are you buying to celebrate??

Isn't your baby girl 16 too?? (getting my calculator so I can do the math...)

I dunno, I feel like I have always been with my handsome hubby, but I know I was married to Dickhead for awhile - I have the unhappy memories to prove it! I also have some HAPPY memories of being single for a bit, so unless I dreamed it, my HH is a fairly recent (10 years!) blib on the radar screen...

• carla17
    Original Author
    16 years ago

daughter is 14 1/2

Carla

• opheliathornvt zone 5
    16 years ago

I've been married for 30 years this year, and it only feels like 5 or 10. 'Course, that doesn't explain the nearly 20 year old daughter we have....

• morz8 - Washington Coast
    16 years ago

Carla - Happy Anniversary to you! You're practically newlyweds (36 and counting here, but you know I got married in preschool :))

I'm raising a toast to you with my Ovaltine to another blissful 16, then 16 more....

• iowa_jade
    16 years ago

43 years today! It seems like a couple of weeks. It helps to be senile. Now if my body was 43 years younger! My co-worker says that is a long time to be married or even alive. I think we are going to have tofu burgers and baked beans tonight and watch an action flick on DVD.

It is nice to have two great kids grown up at ages 37 & 39 with two granddaughters. The teenagers actualy become human after being on their own for 10-20 years or so.

• anntn6b
    16 years ago

Congratulations.
    And you've made me realize that our twenty years seems like a lot longer.