Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
pagan_gw

off to see the wizard!

pagan
16 years ago

Ok all, will be out of touch for a few... leaving for Florida and the Bonati Institute tomorrow. Going through the usual battery of tests (MRI, nerve conduction, etc.) over the rest of this week, then first surgery is scheduled for Monday - same as ZEFFYROSE!!

Won't be able to check in cus the cottage we are renting doesn't have an internet hook-up, but the clinic offers one so will try to check in from there.

Wish me all kinds of luck!!

Comments (15)

• carla17
    16 years ago

I will call you!

• taureau
    16 years ago

Bonne chance Pagan. Ton ami, T

• meredith_e Z7b, Piedmont of NC, 1000' elevation
    16 years ago

All kinds of luck, especially the best!!! Here's hoping that this does the trick!!

• kathwhit
    16 years ago

You will be in my thoughts and prayers.
    Kathy

• anntn6b
    16 years ago

Definitely all kinds of the best luck, kid.
    Ann

• pagan
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thanks all!! Sitting patiently at the Bonati Inst. waitng for my appt. with the clinic types. This will be for a physical, blood draws, etc., to make sure I am fit to be lasered... this afternoon is the nerve conduction torture test. Will likely send Ron back to rescue the puppy while I am getting shocked. The trip down was fine - didn't start to hurt until we came into a bit of rain. Somehow the landlady we rent a cottage from had us scheduled to arrive next week instead of this week - lucky for us the cottage was available! I feel like we spend wayyyyy too much time in this place... but am exctied about getting the last bits of myself back, as it were. I was dragging the dog this morning and felt all sorts of optimistic, with stirrings of the old jock/able-bodied self I used to be. Kinda cool- I haven't felt this much possibility for myself since 1995!! I called MIL and asked her to send down the picture I have from when I was a cop - I was mumblemumble pounds lighter and in good shape. I want to show it to the doctor here, to let him know somehow that I want to get that person, that self, back... or at least get close to it. This body that I inhabit now doesn't feel like the real me - sort of like I am in a loaner, or a pod person or something. I am hoping that I can find some of the me I used to be, somewhere left inside this pod...

just call me Pod Pagan!!!

• carla17
    16 years ago

Left you a message

Carla

• meredith_e Z7b, Piedmont of NC, 1000' elevation
    16 years ago

Pagan, good luck good luck goodest of luck!!!

I know what you mean on some counts - I see a climbing wall or medieval throwing axe and get wistful. Seriously, lol!

Take care and heal well. More power to ya!

• dirt_yfingernails
    16 years ago

Best wishes on a positive outcome, pagan.

• hoovb zone 9 sunset 23
    16 years ago

From me too, best wishes for the best outcome possible. Take care.

• bettym_grow
    16 years ago

Good luck to you girlie! Wishing you all the best:)

Betty

• zeffyrose
    16 years ago

I just came to the forum to wish you the best and I'm afraid I'm a bit too late---

I didn't realize you were leaving early---I haven't been on the Forum much lately

Too bad we aren't going to the same hospital -----we could have talked roses day and night---LOL

As I was reading your post you describe exactly how I feel

I want my old self back also-----maybe even 20 years ago---

I really need a wizard to accomplish that----LOL

Wishing you all the best---

Fondly, Florence

• morz8 - Washington Coast
    16 years ago

Pagan, I hope everythings going well for you at the institute - this must be some place, a woman from my mothers church here is this state was there shortly after your last treatment.

Did you get a break this weekend and find something to distract yourself?

Prayers for Monday, I hope you find that new beginning, or old self, or whatever it takes to be healthy again!

• labrea_gw
    16 years ago

Praying for a good recovery!

• duchesse_nalabama
    16 years ago

Pagan, will be praying for you too tomorrow, successful surgery and a fast recovery. Annie