Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
carla17_gw

Ordering pet meds

carla17
16 years ago

Has anyone tried the l800 pet meds.com? Does anyone have suggestions where I can order pet meds that are safe?

Thanks,

Carla

Comments (6)

• malmason
    16 years ago

Hello Carla,

I have not ordered the pet medicines from this website. When my dogs get sick, I give people medicine and they seems doing fine. We control the amount of medicine we give depends on the weight of dog.

Hope it helps.

• vics_gardenkeeper
    16 years ago

What meds are you talking about? By the way, Malmason, please be careful not to use certain human medicines such as Tylenol with dogs--it will absolutely kill them. And dog and cat physiology are very different too so you shouldn't use dog medicines with cats and vice versa.

• carla17
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I agree with vicsgardenkeeper, malmason. That could be very dangerous.
    I always ask the vet first.
    I'm talking about heart meds and flea liquid, one of them is Frontline.

Carla

• twohuskies
    16 years ago

Carla,
    I used 1800petmeds.com for a year or so. I have an ongoing prescription for one of my dogs and it worked out well if I placed an order at least a week in advance. The price on her meds was quite a bit cheaper but if you don't spend over a certain amount ($40???) each time you have to pay shipping which for me ate up most of the money I was saving on the meds.

I quit using them and here's why:
    Last year they screwed up my order. I had asked my vet to call in a prescription refill. Even though the refill didn't show up in my petmeds account I placed the order. Sometimes it takes a day or so for them to get it in the system at which point they are supposed to ship. Then I went out of town for the weekend. Came back and waited several days for my meds which never showed up. Petmeds showed my order as not being filled due to no refills being available. So I called the vet again and asked them to call the refill in again. After a few days the refill still didn't show up in my account and since the vet verified that she did call I decided to call their customer service #. Oh yeah, the person I was talking to was friendly and attempting to be helpful until the clock hit 4pm at which point the phone went dead. It's just a guess but was thier shift over and instead of finishing up with the customer they just hung up so they could go home??? Since I was basically out of medication I was forced to fill it through my vet. They told me they have had many problems with petmeds messing up clients orders - and this is a large university clinic... IMHO going through them to save a few bucks has not been worth the headache I've had dealing with them. You may have better luck than I did but if you do give them a try make sure you verify everything every step of the way. You don't want to have their screw up cause you to run out of medication....

• taureau
    16 years ago

I too have been using pet meds for well over 2 years now, without any problems or nothing, naught, nil, nada, zero, zip, bupkis.

• pagan
    16 years ago

a friend of mine uses them also, sans problems. I get flea & worm stuff from her for Spanky Butt, but for anything serious, I would take Maximus to the vet...