Return to the Roses Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
My mother and the telephone

Posted by carla17 Z7 (My Page) on
Mon, Sep 8, 08 at 9:59

What can you do about a woman who leaves her phone off the hook? She has trouble hearing too and that is with hearing aids!!!

Carla

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: My mother and the telephone

Keep reminding yourself that someday, you will be old too and people will have no idea what you're doing or saying most of the time. Think of it as revenge.

o

Carla, is she leaving the phone off the hook on purpose or on accident?

o

Terry, by accident.

o

Very seriously Carla, why don't you get her another line and phone? Whatever type of contract you or she has, I don't think a second phone is that expensive. Then call her to tell her to hang up the first phone and stay on the line until she does it.

If that doesn't work, call the phone company or AARP and find out what you can do. There should be a sensible back up system you could use.

o

So she doesn't have a cell phone, then? I think Sammy's right; she needs another phone that she can stick in her pocket and carry around. There's a cell phone for seniors called the Jitter Bug with big numbers that I've seen advertised at the local hearing aide store; might work for her.

o

Can you call a neighbor of Moms and ask them to run over and alert to your calling and the busy line?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Roses Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here