Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
carla17_gw

Millie, for cat people

carla17
16 years ago

I had the pleasure of housing this cutie for a weekend. She is adorable.

{{gwi:207290}}

{{gwi:207293}}

Carla

Comments (24)

• aprille
    16 years ago

oooh Carla - she is cute!!! My Grace does the same thing as the second picture when she wants attention. She loves to have her tummy rubbed.

Aprille

• User
    16 years ago

great face!

• karenforroses
    16 years ago

Here's our two (Nip & Tuck) curled up in a sunbeam. Tuck, the boy, is a scoundrel - flushes toilets, turns on gas fireplace switch, works the ice cube dispenser. We have to 'cat proof' the house if we're going away, or else he'd have a full scale party going when we got home!

• karenforroses
    16 years ago

Oops! my link didn't go through. I'll try again

{{gwi:207296}}

• orchids2000
    16 years ago

Carla that is just cute! Here are my threesome bird watching...
    {{gwi:207299}}

• carla17
    Original Author
    16 years ago

cute kitty pictures everyone! Susanna, your's are poised for a pic

• User
    16 years ago

KITTY TIME!
    Petey
    {{gwi:207301}}
    Banna
    {{gwi:207303}}
    Banna and Helen (aka yellin Helen)
    {{gwi:207305}}

• kathwhit
    16 years ago

Everyone: Love the cat pictures! I have a calico named Holly. Couldn't be without my kitty!
    K

• ronda_in_carolina
    16 years ago

Adorable!!

Here is Macie and her new baby Kinsey kitty.
    She didn't like Kinsey at first but now they play fight for hours.
    They occasionally get jealous of each other....hence the need for each to have their own bed. (eyeroll)

{{gwi:207307}}

• jody
    16 years ago

I love all the cat pictures. I'll have to upload some of my trio.

• Tammy Owens
    16 years ago

oohh I love kitties...I have just one. I would love more but don't think she would like it too much. My husband wouldn't either....
    Here's Tuna, she won't drink water from a bowl..
    {{gwi:207309}}

{{gwi:207310}}

Karenforroses I love the names of your babies. If I had two cats I would have named them the same thing. That or Christian and Shaun!

I love Kitties
    Tammy

• jody
    16 years ago

cherrykist: Baxter is my second sink drinker. The first, PIB (pain in butt), never would drink anything but running water in the sink. I bought one of the bubble fountains (with the big reserve cause the dog, Felco drinks there too) and that seems okay for Baxter. Apparently the water moves enough to convince him its okay. Baxter will also drink from the toilet but he has to splash first. I prefer the lid down to preserve the dry seat and the animals drinking from the bubbler.

karenforroses: Tuck sounds like a handful. Fortunately our gas fireplace has the push in and turn until it clicks nob. Both Baxter and Lola (aka Moo) can open the lever type doors, flush toilets, operate the icemaker and turn the push light switches on and off and on and off and on and off and on and off and on and off. Moo turns over vases, removes floating roses from their bowls, prunes all the house plants, messes with MIL's yarn and climbs everything. I'm waiting for her to outgrow some of this stuff.

• zeffyrose
    16 years ago

I'm really enjoying these cat pictures and stories
    Karen---Your cat sounds like a riot---You should put him on "funniest home movies"---LOL

• darbardi
    16 years ago

Joe, your cat portraits are incredible.

• olyagrove
    16 years ago

Hi everyone
    I read on the rose forum, but do not post often (do that on orchid forum :))

Here are my kitties

Miah, when she was little - she wondered off in our yard with broken tail

{{gwi:207311}}

Grumpy Nusha, with cold paws

{{gwi:207314}}

Tiger and CiCi
    Both ferals and always hiding

{{gwi:207316}}

Kasanova, came as a feral

{{gwi:207318}}

Oops, my disabled kitty (Oopsy has cerebellar hypoplasia, but he is living a happy life)

{{gwi:207320}}

Two little foster babies

{{gwi:207322}}

I have 10 cats...and love each one of them :)
    Olya

• jody
    16 years ago

A couple pictures of Baxter. I'll have to chase the other two with the camera today. I don't have any grownup pictures of them.

{{gwi:207323}}

{{gwi:207324}}

• carla17
    Original Author
    16 years ago

The kitties are adorable. Tammy, that pic of the sink is so funny.

Carla

• karenforroses
    16 years ago

Jody, you're the first person I've ever heard from whose cat pulls the same tricks as Tuck. We did find a neat switch cover for the fireplace switch, so we can leave hom without worring about our gas bill! Here he is, looking sweet and innocent! But the mask gives him away!

{{gwi:207325}}

• PRO
    Susan Serra
    16 years ago

Adorable pictures, all of them! We love our cat too. I have a question.

Sparky (his shelter name and we didn't change it) is about 2 years old, we got him from a shelter about 8 months ago. He's an indoor cat and is mostly very affectionate, loves to hang out with people, is playful and a little aggressive sometimes, when he get in a crazy mood, but maybe they all do.

I wouldn't mind a second cat, but what about the litter box? I'm not sure I want to clean two litter boxes, and there could be difficult training issues, too. Is it too late to introduce another cat? How would we know if the cats would get along? He's just a domestic cat. Thanks!

• olyagrove
    16 years ago

tivoli_rose, I think it is never too late to introduce another kitty. Sure, there are people with horror stories of how bad that might have gone - but then there is someone with a horror story for everything...

Cats all get in a crazy mood :) I have 8 kitties indoors, and have introduced them all over a 6 year span. Some would get touchy feely for a month, some would hiss, but at the end, they all duke it out.

I noticed my male kitties adopt to friends/new cats much better (more drama with females). All are spayed/neutered.

One litter box for two cats is not a problem! They will share it - you will have more to scoop, but sharing should not be an issue :)

Give another kitty a home...there are too many of them out there waiting ;-)

Olya

• AnneCecilia z5 MI
    16 years ago

Here's a photo of our 4 "girls," all sisters. This picture was taken when they were kittens, 9 years ago (hard to believe it's been that long!) I've never been able to get them to all hold still in one spot for a group photo, ever again, LOL. I think it was interesting that they are all so very different, coming from the same litter.

{{gwi:207326}}

And here they are, individually:

Millie Munchkin, who proved that you should never discount the runt of the litter - she turned into a very large cat:
    {{gwi:207327}}

Sophie, who moves with the grace of a dancer:
    {{gwi:207328}}

Guenivere, the boss of the group. She's a real lover when it comes to people, and she's also the best hunter of them all.
    {{gwi:207329}}

And Frances, who is quiet and retiring, but the most beautiful little cat with her tawny striped fur:
    {{gwi:207330}}

And then here is our male cat, Colin, a little white whirlwind. I swear he has ADHD - but he makes our lives happier just watching his sheer joy at being alive. This cat makes friends with all the wild creatures he comes across and plays with them, if they're willing...deer, racoons, even skunks are his buddies. (And no, he's never been sprayed!)
    {{gwi:207332}}

• PRO
    Susan Serra
    16 years ago

Olya, thanks for the information! Oh, these cats are so cute.

• jody
    16 years ago

I've had several of the automatic litter pans. Worn them out and I've never much liked the plastic catch containers.

I found a rolling litterpan. Its covered and one edge is curved to facilitate rolling. It has a small screened inner chamber as well as a large chamber for the litter. A long tray slides in on top of the screened chamber from the outside.

You simply slowly roll the litter pan over on to its top. And then slowly back up right. The litter inside slides into the screened chamber and the big pieces (waste) fall over into the top and then as you roll the other way the waste falls into the tray. You then pull the tray out and dispose of the waste. No hands, no disposable plastic containers, no mess.

You need clumping litter, but I'm using a lot less than I was with the automatic pans. Also, the whole thing comes apart easily for cleaning - all of it can be cleaned.

I've never seen them advertised or anything, but it is the best litterpan I've ever used. I have three cats now and I've had multiple cats for 30 years. I've worked with a lot of litter pans in that time.

You can clean the pan in 30 seconds, so its easy to stay ahead of the problem.

• karenforroses
    16 years ago

Anne, thanks for sharing your beautiful cats! I remember seeing them the day we all visited your stunning garden. Cute pictures. Reading all the litter box posts makes me think of when my daughter bought one of those electronic ones at a garage sale - the kind that automatically sieves the kitty litter about 5 minutes after a cat has used it. It was almost like new and she couldn't figure out why someone would pay so much and then sell it for peanuts. She set it all up at home before she and her family went to bed. That night she kept waking up and hearing the motor running, over and over. She finally went to investigate and discovered that every time the motor would go on, the cat would run over and stand on it to see what was going on. As soon as the cat stood on it the motor timer was reactiviated. Needless to say, my daughter put it in HER next garage sale!