Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
michaelalreadytaken

A Nice Visit

The nice agents from the Joint Terrorism Task Force stopped by to visit this morning.

It seems they take an active interest in those of us who photograph the Transamerica Pyramid at two a.m.

LOL.

They were very nice.

I neglected to ask them in or offer them coffee. It wasn't intentional; I was just preoccupied.

I kinda sorta mumbled that two a.m. is a good time to take night shots because there's no one around to compete for sidewalk space, pedestrians, etc.

The only thing that bothered me about the entire "visit" was that when I volunteered my place of employment they politely cut me off with a "We know" before I could finish.

So, as I sit here and reflect, it occurs to me that they do indeed already know where I work, and where I use my debit card, and what sites I visit on the Internet, and what time my vehicle passes through the toll plazas... etc, etc, etc.

--which thoughts I balance against the following thoughts--

One of my ex-next door neighbors lost his son on 9/11 and one of the physicians that I was working with at the time lost his father and his brother that day.

The agent was kind enough to "put me on his list" so that if they receive anymore calls about my presence that they'll already know who I am.

ROFL. Well now, that's quite a blessing isn't it?

I guess I'll live. With any luck we all will.

MichaelAT

Comments (6)

Sponsored
KP Designs Group
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars50 Reviews
Franklin County's Unique and Creative Residential Interior Design Firm