Uncle Kracker pleads guilty to misdemeanor assault charge

pete41
16 years ago

Uh,okay-who the ---- is that?

Comments (8)

• pete41
    Original Author
    16 years ago

RALEIGH, N.C. - Uncle Kracker pleaded guilty Friday to a misdemeanor assault charge in an incident last month at a Raleigh nightclub.

ADVERTISEMENT
    A Wake County judge sentenced the singer, whose real name is Matthew Shafer, to 12 months' probation, fined him $1,500 and ordered him to undergo an alcohol assessment.

Assistant District Attorney Adam Moyers said Shafer put his hand up a woman's skirt at the nightclub. The 26-year-old woman slapped Shafer, and he slapped her back, Moyers said.

The woman later reported the incident to an off-duty police officer.

Shafer, a 33-year-old Michigan native, is a former disc jockey for Kid Rock. His hits include a duet with Kenny Chesney, "When the Sun Goes Down."
    With all the problems in the world,why would Yahoo consider this to rate a banner?
    Priorities stink with the media,Hour after hour of Britney Spears and nothing worthwhile.
    Are the young people really that silly and spoiled?

• pete41
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Am I a dinosaur?
    Talking to myself,again? lol
    Oh,well at least I can count on an answer.
    Have we gotten so big and powerful the rest of the world doesn't matter or are we in withdraw,isolation mode,again?

• odie96
    16 years ago

O. K. I'm just getting here today. First of all Uncle Kracker should not have touched that young lady ANYWHERE and she should have jumped up and beat the heck out of him!! He should still be hurting so bad he wouldn't be able to PAY the fine!! Fined for what he did!!! It's an insult to the judicial system in NC. IMO, these things happen because some people have the attitude of "Who cares" or "She was asking for it by being there". Well, I beg Uncle Kracker's pardon but right is right and wrong is wrong. The only one right in this case is the girl.

As far as B. Spears and Friends, file it in the bottom drawer. Not worth the space in the paper when Uncle Krackers are on the loose!

• dublinbay z6 (KS)
    16 years ago

Look on the bright side, Pete. At least we are no longer having wall-to-wall coverage of Paris.

Sometimes we have to settle for small blessings, huh?

LOL

Kate

• harryshoe zone6 eastern Pennsylvania
    16 years ago

Pete,

I thought Uncle Kracker was an identity you have assumed since moving south. Or was that Cousin Redneck?

• odie96
    16 years ago

Harry, I hope you're not implying that people who live in the South are rednecks.

• bettym_grow
    16 years ago

Of course he had to be from Michigan... How much more bashing can this poor state take? BTW, you can find plenty of rednecks right up here ya'all!

Yee-Haw! (I ain't one o' em') honestly.

Betty

• harryshoe zone6 eastern Pennsylvania
    16 years ago

Odie,

Only Pete.