Return to the Roses Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
The dumbest thing you think is funny

Posted by meredith_e 7B Piedmont NC (My Page) on
Sat, Sep 15, 07 at 17:35

Me:

Slapstick. Why oh why is that funny when it's often mean, at least in real life? But it is.

Some dirty jokes. I don't think I'm supposed to admit that.

Black humor. I'll have mine black and strong, thank you. But that's not dumb necessarily. Still, not everyone's taste but I freely admit it!

Jokes a 5 year old would like. Don't know why!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: The dumbest thing you think is funny

Must have seen this a thousand times also find A Robbins old vaudvillian The banana many funny, Bobcat Goldwaith fat boy monologue in One Crazy Summer

Here is a link that might be useful: Kill The Wabbit

o

Chevy Chase's Vacation and European Vacation. Every few years, I need a fix. It just appeals to my warped sense of humor.
Also, Something About Mary.
Saw a magazine artlcle about Mother Teresa along with a photo of the wizened old woman at the supermarket a few weeks ago. There was an ancient man checking out at the next register who looked just like her. Couldn't contain myself.
Now you know what a dodo I am. Please don't tell anyone.
Kathy :)

o

The scene in She Stoops to Conquer when the naughty son makes his mother believe they are on a desolate hill top where a highway man is about to rob them. In reality, he took her on a carriage ride over every bumpy road in the county in the dark and back again through the horse pond to her own backyard. She runs out to the highway man (her own husband) in the dark and begs on her knees for her life. I always laugh out loud when I read this. I love this play dearly and wish someone would take a break from Jane Austin and make a movie of this.

If we're talking straight up silly then it's Goofy as Mr. Wheeler chalking up marks on the side of his car or the scene in Yellowbeard where they kill old blind Pew

o

When I was listening to my ipod and pruning roses when the sound went dead. duh.

Annie

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Roses Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here