Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print

Re: OT - Plans until we 'see' each other again? by xxxx - Monday, 3 September 2007, 01:09 PM

Hi yyyy Not really doing much until October just working (Doh!!) How did you find our strange food! After the conversations about grits and gravy made with coffee (Uggg Still cannot get my head round that one!) Salad Cream should be no problem ! (LOL) Hope all is well - take care xx

Re: OT - Plans until we 'see' each other again? by yyyy - Tuesday, 4 September 2007, 12:06 AM

They were actually very good, although I forgot what you are supposed to eat them on And without 'real' biscuits y'all are surely a sad people altogether ;) Red Eye Gravy is the only thing that makes sense with county ham, so do try it if you ever have our country ham. We'll have you moving on to having molasses in your Chicory coffee and sucking Crawdads in no time

Re: OT - Plans until we 'see' each other again? by xxxx - Friday, 7 September 2007, 10:42 AM

Hmmmmm not convinced - I think a bit of a foodie trip to the US is in order PS I'm sure Crawdad sucking is illegal in the UK (Wanders off to find out what a Crawdad is .... ) )

bwahaha!

And this, but beware language, etc: overheardindublin.com

Comments (6)

• pete41
    16 years ago

crayfish-very good and yes you suck the head
    did you ever eat muskrat heads,teeth looking at you-hmmm good.Muskrat is delicious-people are too sensitive-missing out on a great source of protein and fur-rambling on.

• User
    16 years ago

Haha first crawdad I ever had was in Ireland they are in the small streams all over the west just illegal to fish them anymore since 1999.

• michaelalreadytaken
    16 years ago

Crawfish Ãtouffée. Yes, aamof I do know how to make it.

OMG. It's the best thing on Earth.

Otherwise, it's far too rich late in the evening--it makes me have vivid dreams.

In the last such dream, the world was bright and shiny and full of light. Suddenly, from out of nowhere, the bluebird of happiness swooped down and landed on my shoulder. It was carrying an envelope in its bluebird beak.

It then released the envelope, which fell to the ground. As it flew away it said "Consider yourself served."

In astonishment, I opened the envelope and found that I was named as a defendant in a class action lawsuit. Apparently, my sin, my crime, my tort was merely owning an insurance policy.

I remembering screaming in protest: "But I haven't done anything wrong!!!

Immediately, the image of my spiritual advisor, Jodi Jo Imbroglio, came into the dream and whispered--it doesn't matter whether or not you've actually done anything wrong, that's the only "moral" criteria at work here--the fact that you own an insurance policy--why can't you understand that simple fact? Then she disappeared as quickly as she'd arrived.

(Witnesses to my dream later recounted that I was flailing my arms as I slept and screaming Jodi Jo, Jodi Jo, Jodi Jo Imbroglio--please don't leave me...--but I digress.)

As is wont to happen in dreams, I suddenly found myself sitting in a dark and dismal courtroom where a giant lobster was the presiding judge and the jury was composed of twelve giant crawfish.

I was terrified.

Suddenly, just as the class action lawyer rose to make the case the foreman of the empaneled jury of crawfish reached over in front of the bar with his claws and began picking off the heads of the class action lawyers; the spectators cheered.

With that, the lobster judge declared in favor of the defendants and I awoke to a bright and beautiful sunny day--none the worse for the experience.

MichaelAT

(I think it must be the real butter that does it--along with the spices)

:)

• meredith_e Z7b, Piedmont of NC, 1000' elevation
    Original Author
    16 years ago

LOL!

Pete, I don't even think I know exactly what a muskrat IS in all honesty ;)

Joe, I didn't know they had crawdads there! Maybe My Favorite Irishman can take me out for some - cool :)

The first I saw where in the creek in my backyard as a kid (in a frou-frou neighborhood). We ran in to the house screaming "Little lobsters!" and my mom told my dad that that was it, we're moving to the country!

MAT, bwahaha!! My dream spiritual advisor is Sammy Davis Jr, BTW. I nearly found out the secret to life one night from him - in Heaven us both, him wearing gleaming white at a white piano telling me to just think about it...

Hey, do post your recipe BTW. Pretty pretty please!!

• pagan
    16 years ago

obviously I haven't had enough caffeine this morning - I have no idea what the heck is going on.

Last night's dream - out of the blue, I was being possessed by the devil. My body started floating in the air and I remember seeing my mom, brother and uncle staring at me and exhorting me to ask for God's help. So I began whispering, then shouting "I am God's! I am God's! I belong to Jesus!" Woke myself up with my shouting...

• meredith_e Z7b, Piedmont of NC, 1000' elevation
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Well, Pagan! Be careful there ;)

I dreamed that after my father had MFIrishman investigated [watched A Perfect Murder just before bed BTW], MFIrishman had said that he was in love with Elizabeth Hurly once. I tried to explain to the investigator that that was OK but he never did get it...