Return to the Roses Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Which other forums on gardenweb do you like?

Posted by kittymoonbeam (My Page) on
Wed, Sep 12, 07 at 18:04

I go to the camellia section sometimes, but the rose people are so much fun- I spend most all of my free time here. Where else to all of you like to go besides the rose haven?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Which other forums on gardenweb do you like?

I have tried many of them but couldn't get into it.

o

New Jersey
Organic Gardening
Soil and Mulch

The last two get pretty intense. I look at the forums for tomatoes, peppers and herbs in the spring.

o

No, not tried. I am too greedy, I just like to saturate my personal main interest in Roses. (and the Rose Gallery) These are for me. Though may take a look at the propagation one soon. That could be interesting, but not a substitue.
Pauline - Vancouver Island.

o

Dahlias
Vegetable Gardening
Harvest
Hibiscus
Iowa Gardening
Koi Ponds

But this one is definitely my fav.

o

Antique Rose Forum, Pets forum, Suggestions, Oklahoma Gardening, Cottage Gardening sometimes.

I use many others for reference, but do not regularly participate. The Computers Forum, Paint Forum, Kitchen, Bath, Home Decorations, are interesting, and good references when I need them.

I think the Health Forum is very weak, and that is a disappointment because I would like to find reliable Health sites that are not sponsored by a pharmaceutical company.

Sammy

Sammy

o

When I have time I visit:

Clematis
Hummingbird Garden
Pennsylvania Garden
Garden Ponds

o

NC forum
Dahlias
women's forum
soil

o

Antique Roses, Clematis, sometimes Lilies, Hummingbirds, and Fruits.

o

When I have extra time---I like to visit:

Gardening in Pa.

Garden Junk

Antiques and Collectibles

Roses are my favorites

Florence

o

Antique Roses
Carolina Gardening
Daylilies
Hydrangea
Lilies
And I love to read some of the HOT TOPICS - those folks are, shall I say, passionate?

Denise

o

Antique Roses, Perennials, Fruit and Orchards. I'm surprised more of us don't show up on the perennials forum. I check the Fruit forum a lot as I'm trying to grow a lot of my own fruit. I already have raspberries, cherries, peaches, and a new apple tree. I'll check Wisconsin, Midwest, and Northern forums but those don't move very fast. I'm starting to renew my interest in the Winter-Sowing forum but I'm trying not to go overboard this year on it.

o

I regularly post at the ANTIQUE ROSES forum, occasionally wander over to the main ROSES forum, and once in a while visit the COTTAGE GARDENING forum where I usually just lurk.

o

I don't regularly visit the other forums, but if I'm planting grass, I lurk there for week or so absorbing info., if I have a question about a tree, I browse the tree forum or post an occasional question, when I was concerned about my new hydrangeas, off I went to the hydrangea forum, etc. It's nice to be able to quickly locate a forum on whatever my latest plant question or problem is.

But, of course, my first love is the Rose Forum and the Antique Roses Forum.

Kate

o

I visit Antique Roses, Garden Junk, occasionally California Gardening, Bird Watching, Salvias and Cottage Gardens. Rose Gallery and Rose Discussion are the favorites.

o

Antique Roses Forum and Gallery

o

Great post. I often enjoy the Birding forum, along with the Marriage, Parent, Cleaning, and Pets forums. OH, and the Compost one can be so funny, too. These folks are driven!
Kathy

o

I found the thread called " suicidal gardenia" and laughed until I cried! Thanks everyone for sharing

o

I like the roses and antique roses forums. I went to the Kitchen forum when we remodeled our kitchen and that was the most awsome help! They were wonderful. Now I'm at the Bathroom forum, as we're doing the bath next. The Cooking forum has a great bunch of folks on it too (plus delicious recipes!). They are all excellent - good resources and good friends.

o

• Posted by mjsee Zone 7b, NC (My Page) on
    Tue, Oct 2, 07 at 9:21

Kitchen forum (I've been planning my kitchen for years...SOMEDAY everyone will be through college!)

Flooring forum (2000 sq ft of nasty tile in the basement...MUST be replaced with something. Eventually.)

Laundry forum (for when you need a new washer and/or dryer...the laundry obsessed are just as insane as the rose obsessed...and even more opinionated!)

Landscape Design (My other favorite...I hung out there before I started hanging out here. Not for everyone...but you can learn an ENORMOUS amount.)

Don't know why I'm so parenthetical this morning...and eliptical! Must be my headache.

o

Music Room (Glyphs)
Kitchen Table
Garden Party
Pets
Cooking (conversations)
and occasional others too,

... but the Roses Forum is my favorite!

o

Buying and Selling Homes - our house is for sale. I've been looking for another house since February; we finally found one in August. Now we have to sell ours.

Hard to come here. Roses have been dug & potted, I actually lost a few, one that is not on the market any more, so that hurt. Very hard to look at my roses in pots, harder to talk about roses when I have no clue if I will lose more.

o

1. Rose Forum
2. Antique Forum
3. Antique Gallery
4. Rose Gallery

Repeat.

Slow posting days can be really frustrating LOL.

Ronda

o

Just discovered the dessert exchange forum. Thrilled me to see and hear of "old" recipes.

Carla

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Roses Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here