Return to the Roses Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Alister Clark's Homestead is for Sale

Posted by rosedreamer Vic Aust (My Page) on
Thu, Sep 14, 06 at 18:43

Built in 1857 by Alister's father Walter and now on the market by the 2nd owners.

Here is a link that might be useful: Have a look at his home

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Alister Clark's Homestead is for Sale

• Posted by mjsee Zone 7b, NC (My Page) on
    Sun, Sep 17, 06 at 18:11

If you have to ask the price...

I hope someone purchases it and adores it--not to develop it.

melanie

o

I'd settle for the pool house and one surrounding acre. I bid $10. Less to dust, more to garden.

Carol

o

Wow, now that's a house. Makes my place look like an outhouse! But I wouldn't want to have to clean it.
K

o

Rosedreamer..
I am new to the site and found "Glenara" off the Real Estate link you put in for Alister Clark's house. What happened to all of the roses that he had at the house? I am in New Zealand growing Clark roses and found it fascinating that his house was up for sale. Did someone buy it that will take good care of the garden? Thanks for sharing that, just need to know what happened? My best, Barbara in South Canterbury.

o

somebody must have bought it - I can't access it. Oh well, missed my chance...

o

Barbara in NZ,
Have you read the chapter on Alister Clark in Susan Irvine's Garden of a Thousand Roses?
She visited Gleanara AND took cuttings.
Ann

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Roses Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here