Return to the Roses Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Steak it is for dinner

Posted by molineux 6b (My Page) on
Thu, Sep 11, 08 at 18:57

I recently read an old thread and dug out this recipe. Thought you might enjoy it.

PATRICK'S TEXAS STRIP STEAKS

You will need:

Two large New York strip steaks (the bigger the better)
Fresh cilantro
3 Limes
McIlhenney Chipotle Pepper Tabasco sauce
Salt and Pepper
1 stick of kerrygold Irish butter

Blue corn chips
Greek salsa (equal parts chopped grape tomatos, kalamata olives, and red onion; mixed with a little fresh oregano)
Sour cream
Guacamole

Your favorite bottled beer, ice cold

Fire up a charcoal or smoked wood grill (don't even think about doing this with gas). Finely mill (chop up) the cilantro. Unwrap the steaks and massage the meat with salt, freshly ground black pepper, and some of the cilantro. In a heat proof glass measuring cup melt the Irish butter in the microwave (about 1-2 minutes on high; keep an eye on it). To the melted butter add the rest of the cilantro, several drops of the chipotle sauce and the juice of two limes. Stir until blended. Take the steaks out to the grill and slap them on. Cook on each side 5-7 minutes. While cooking brush the steaks with the butter/herb/pepper/lime mixture. Remove steaks to plate and let rest for 10 minutes. Serve with lime wedges and blue corn chips on the side topped by sour cream, salsa, and guac. Don't forget the ice cold beer to quench that fire in your mouth.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Steak it is for dinner

I've been missing the "what's for dinner" posts - that sounds excellent.

Nothing that good for me tonight - I'm getting ready for a yard sale on Sunday and need all my spare time.

Enjoy

Sandy Grindstaff

o

I remember this menu Chef Hanrahan. Amazing what a mind does recall.

Carla

o

• Posted by morz8 Z8 Wa coast (My Page) on
    Fri, Sep 12, 08 at 11:04

Wow, does that ever sound good...anything tex-mex, hispanic, anywhere/anytime and I'm first in line with my fork :)

Sadly, not tonight, we're probably having a quick sandwich from the chicken I roasted...16 yr old nephews first varsity home football game where he's starting. My neighbor asked last night if I liked high school football - my answer was, I like Jeff ;)

o

Patrick--it sounds delicious-----what time do you want me there ??

Here is your baby---she is doing well----can't wait to see her next year!

Florence

o

Flo,

Thanks for yet another lovely photograph. Yes I do miss her dearly. I've already decided next year to order two more from Lisa. RRD be damned. She is just too beautiful to live without. The shrubs are doing fine. Same demure feminine flowers, same sweet fragrance, same good disease resistance and nearly smooth stems. Love it.

Patrick

o

Patrick-----I sure hope she doesn't get RRD----I had too cut some off a ND bush----
I'm really not a photographer---Just a PHS (push here stupid) but I do love the second picture.

Thanks again and we will both pray not to get RRD for your new ones and the one you sent me-

How is Lisa doing with all the hurricanes in her area.

Florence

o

What rose is that please?

o

The rose that Flo posted is CLIMBING CLOTILDE SOUPERT.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Roses Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here