Return to the Roses Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Martha's Farm

Posted by sammy OK/7A (My Page) on
Mon, Sep 15, 08 at 19:34

I just saw Martha's show on her farm, and it is unbelievable. I looked through the audience to see if there were any rose friends, but I am afraid your trip was ages ago.

I saw no roses, but the vegetable garden was outstanding, and I just couldn't believe the stables, and the care given to her horses. She selected one dog out of three, and it seemed to me she should have taken them all, but she didn't ask me.

I wonder if more of her show will be there or if this is a one time thing. I set my DVR to tape every day, but I really only watch it about once every week or two.

I don't think this is where her roses are. I simply cannot imagine having the money that she has.

Did anyone else see her show?

Sammy

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Martha's Farm

My memory was of some of you who went to her home at one time. I think this thread is ready to move down to oblivion.

o

Just by accident I happened to come across this very show-----I was thinking she should have kept all three dogs also !!!

Can you imagine living in a place like that ! It looks like she made a compound out of two or three homes--

I would love to live like that----

Florence

o

There's an opulent horse barn near us.
How's that for an intro?

A quarterback who played for the Redskins (now D-NC, but this was built with 'skins money when he lived just down the road here) built a horse barn that's 16,000 sq.ft. under one roof. Five tall lighted flag poles stand out front.
We first heard about it being finished so nice on the inside from Crossville Ceramics when I was there buying seconds tiles for my kitchen. They knew where Blaine was because they had just shipped 16,000 tiles (firsts) to a horse barn there (and when I guessed the street address they laughed.)
When he started selling off parts of that farm as a subdivision, the real estate agents' offices were in some stalls. We visited the stalls/offices and the wood was all smoothly finished/polyurethaned/ with quality hardware (no wood slides) to keep the horses in.
I doubt that the horses appreciated their homes. All that finish to nibble through before they could munch on wood.

The problem with that kind of set up is maintenance. More money was put into fencing than we paid for our farm. But we've watched the fences deteriorate and need repairs. And the repairs are hard to keep up with.

It's not the initial cost: it's the maintenance. (And taxes and insurance. And staff.)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Roses Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here