Return to the Roses Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Store selling salvia to smoke

Posted by carla17 Z7 (My Page) on
Fri, Sep 19, 08 at 19:58

What in the world. I've heard that people used to smoke salvia but...
I'm concerned about the safety of this OTC smoking substance.

Carla

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Store selling salvia to smoke

Carla I think that right about now most people could use a bowl of Salvia. It is said to increase the feeling of insight and gives a sense of calmness. Something we could all use after the past week of Wall Street news.

I do not smoke anything regardless of how safe it is said to be.

Lance

o

Lance, to say it was a bad week is an understatement.

Carla

o

• Posted by hoovb z9 Southern CA (My Page) on
    Wed, Sep 24, 08 at 17:35

I read about this Salvia divinorum on the Internet. It apparently gives a brief, but intense period of extreme hallucinations that can be unpleasant. It didn't sound particularly relaxing. I've also read that most young people nowadays prefer prescription drugs.

With the news lately I can see why people want to escape. I prefer to escape to my garden and enjoy the roses, don't you?

Here is a link that might be useful: story about Salvia

o

I watched a news report about this a while ago, and it showed some videos off the internet of various people trying it. It certainly did not seem like a good thing to do - most of the people looked like they were in pain. It's also a very short term high. I wouldn't worry about it as it didn't seem like something anyone would get addicted to.

Personally, I've been escaping into my video game and gardening whenever its light out which is less and less these days. The part I hate about the current financial crisis is that I don't understand half of it even after reading several articles.

o

I can get high on my rose blooms if the weather stays warm. What it boils down to here is spring and fall. Summer is a write off. I don't like the thoughts of daylight savings time change at all. I always try to escape outside when I can.

Carla

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Roses Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here