What kind of a tree would you be?

Posted by pete41 9ab FL. (My Page) on
Sun, Sep 23, 07 at 20:13

My mother never saw the irony in calling me a Son of a beech,
but I don't see myself as a nut.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What kind of a tree would you be?

The Whomping Willow of course! Did you see any of the Harry Potter films? If so then you'll know why. This is a tree with attitude.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Betty

o

I always thought Hickory was a sexy name for a guy

I'd like to be a redwood and watch the years sgo by (preferrably in Yosemite or Big Basin). But being a willowy pepper tree might be nice too. The old Norse legend says women were made from the ash tree and I have a beautiful golden ash outside my back door.

o

By the way-Jack Nicholson almost made the mother mention.

o

I think you lost me at Jack, but this is odd! I just posted with the word nutty and read this quote today:

Today's mighty oak is just yesterday's nut that held its ground.

Surely, I'm an Oak then... and the twisted kind that you see often in the south, too :)

o

A huge open old apple tree. I would have most beautiful blossoms in the Spring and delectable fruit late summer to fall. I would be loved by humans and wild-life alike. Hopefully the deer would feast on my droppings(oops!) from fall unto winter; providing them with some good nourishment to see them through when the snow covered grounds are hiding their food.

My winter babies
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Pauline - Vancouver Island

o

Kwanzan cherry. Did I spell it right

o

A Weeping Hingham Cherry
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

o

A Golden Delicious apple tree.

o

My play on words was the motive but your answers are all good.I really would have to go with some kind of nut.

o

Sweetgum. They have the most gorgeous fall foliage, and then hang on to those leaves forever. And they have those weird round spikey seed pods.
Kathy

o

By default..a swamp Cyprus.

Why?

Because I have knobby knees and little critters nipping at my ankles. LOL

Image courtesy Steve Nix

o

I want to be a Magnolia Tree!

Trish

o

Ronda and Pete - Too funny. Pete, you are already a nut!!:)
Pauline - Vancouver Island

o

• Posted by jody 7b - NC (My Page) on
    Sun, Sep 30, 07 at 9:09

Default - Pine. My maiden name was Pine. My dad called us the Sugar Pines. I have no clue as to why he fixed on a pine tree (Pinaceae Pinus lambertiana Dougl.) that grows on the west coast. He was from Louisiana. He took part in the CCC camps as a young man - planted thousands upon thousands of pine seedlings in the south.

I don't like pine trees - they fall over on my rosebeds for no good reason at all.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Roses Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here