Return to the Roses Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
anyone have a 7 year old girl?

Posted by andrewlina Z5 (gardenweb4um@yahoo.com) on
Sun, Sep 16, 07 at 22:52

What do you parents of kids this age use for bath toys? I am running out of tub toy ideas,that do not cost a fortune. She has a few "tub-friendly" Barbies and such. Anyone got any cool ideas for this stumped Mom? Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: anyone have a 7 year old girl?

I used kitchen stuff - colanders, funnels, measuring cups. Made boats out of watermelon rinds! Bubble bath! Annie

o

Lucky deal with boys, by this point showering like a big boy has huge appeal.

Letting them luxuriate over it is a recipe for flooded floors and destroyed mouldings.

:D

o

I always used kitchen stuff with my girls too. When the three of them were little, they spent hours in the tub it seemed. It was good clean fun.

o

Here's one both my sons and daughters enjoyed. Get a water gun and let her fill it up in the tub. Then buy her those soaps that come shaped like Crayolas and are all different colors.
She can then color on the tiles and spray the wall clean w/ the water gun.

Another winner is just a small hose, you know the kind you can attach to the sink when you want to wash your hair w/ the shower attachment at the end?

You can give her the hose without attaching it to the spout, for some reason they love this because they can blow air out through the attachment part and make their own "shower" by forcing the air out to the other side.

Little boats w/ small "guys" or action figures that can take boat rides is also fun.

Betty

o

• Posted by roselvr Burlington Coun (My Page) on
    Sun, Oct 28, 07 at 13:45

My daughter loves small shampoo bottles that have the tops that pop open so that she can squirt water out of them. Don't remember where I was but I found multiple rubber duckies all different colors. I bought them for my neighbors kids but mine wanted them. She also has the Polly Pocket dolls, some squirting BK toys and a few Fisher Price toys from when my 22 year old son was little.

o

I went to Party City and bought some little mermaids. Barbies, horses, that soap paint stuff that you can color the walls with.

Carla

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Roses Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here