Return to the Roses Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
happyhappybackonlinedance!!!

Posted by pagan 8b (My Page) on
Wed, Oct 17, 07 at 9:06

GREETINGS GARDENWEB!!!! I HAVE RETURNED!!!! Doing the happy dance here! Our computer bit the big one whilst we were gone - did the same thing LAST time we left too - so had to send it off to get fixed. We JUST got it back, along with a note informing us there was a T-REX in the works!! NOW we know what happened to the dinosaurs!!

Anyway, home again, 3 weeks post surgery, so far so good. Am completely off Darvocet (first time since last October - withdrawal sucks, BTW) and taking Ultram for pain - but not that much pain left!! I still have some swelling in my neck and am still not as active as I want to be, but I am gaining on it. Every week I can do more than I could the previous week.

Thanks so much for all your kind thoughts. I missed the heck out of ya'll!

Hope Florence is doing well. And everybody else, for that matter!

XOXOXOXOX

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: happyhappybackonlinedance!!!

Hi Pagan! Good to have you back. Keep on healing.

o

Morning Madame.

o

It's so good to hear you're home and mending well.
You had me really worried when we didn't hear for such a long time.
I don't know much about meds, but it sounds as if that horizon is looking better as well.
Ann

o

PAAAAGAAAN :) So good to see you! Hey, Ultram is my favorite poison :) Withdrawal is not so bad from that, BTW so you should be good from here on out on that score! Watch the dosage/seizure threshold thingy is an important reminder tho because it's a tad unusual and scaryish if one isn't careful.

I'm so glad to hear that you are doing well :) Man, you should have seen me crossing everything all this time... I'm very sore you know :)

Take care!

o

• Posted by mjsee Zone 7b, NC (My Page) on
    Wed, Oct 17, 07 at 13:10

Pagan--I'm glad to see you again. Happy to hear you are healing!

melanie

o

Hi Pagan, so glad to see you online again and recovering from your surgery. Keep up the good healing! We missed you here.
Kathy

o

Welcome back, Pagan. You had us wondering--so long since we had heard from you. Thanks for the update and glad to hear you are feeling better and quite optimistic about the future.

Take care,
Kate

o

Happy for you. Now I can e-mail you! Did you read the post where I said I spoke to you. Good to see you back!

Carla

o

thanks ALL! I missed the heck out of chatting with everybody... I am far too glad to be back online - computer withdrawal is worse then drug withdrawal!!

Haven't been out to the garden to check the status yet, beyond a quick cursory glance at everybody. Max the Moo peed on a couple of plants to let them know the Lord and Master has returned... Looks like I have lost darn near ALL the plants I ordered from ARE last spring, which is a tad annoying. I spoke to them about it and they will make it right, even though I am outside of the guarantee time period. I planted lots of plants from RU and Ashdown at the same time and only lost 1 of them, so I think it reflects more on the plants then the practice... having a good fall flush otherwise though!

o

Welcome back sweety! Glad to see that familiar "type" hope you get better soon! Your rosey faces will be glad to see you!
Hugs and kisses!
Angela

o

Pagan-----I'm so happy to see you back and feeling well---

I'm doing OK but still using Darvocet-------It seems the older you get the longer it takes to heal plus our emotional upset with SIL leaving DD while she was here during my surgery-- ( it was so sneaky)

I think that upset kind of set back recovery a bit--(at least that is what all the Dr. say)-----

but I am up and walking using a cane.

Please--- Please stay away from all store displays----
that had to be the scariest thing in the world---

I'm almost paranoid about anyone or anything bumping my hip-----

It is great to see you back-----

Fondly, Florence--

o

Welcome back hope you can be free of pain soon!
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

o

Joe ---I love your waterlilly pictures------make me remember wonderful days on the lake where I grew up----

I had an old rowboat and it was refreshing to reach into the cool water on a hot summer day and pick a waterlilly

thanks for another nice memory--

Florence

o

• Posted by roselvr Burlington Coun (My Page) on
    Sat, Oct 20, 07 at 8:33

Glad to read that both of you are doing good! I'm looking at 5 days in the hospital Nov 26th IIRC to go in a clinical trial using med pumps. This will be a band aide until I can get the rods out of my back once we are settled in the new house.

Our computer bit the big one whilst we were gone - did the same thing LAST time we left too - so had to send it off to get fixed.

I wonder if there is something going around? I had 3 computers go down, 2 so far are back online, but the hard drives had to be reformatted with windows reloaded. For some reason the master boot record is corrupt.

o

Roselvr----Please keep us posted about this clinical trial------and good luck !!!!!

Florence

o

Welcome back Pagan, glad to read you are healing.

valerie

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Roses Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here