Return to the Roses Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Shoot out to Debn of N/W FL.

Posted by phatboyrose N/W FL. - 8 (My Page) on
Fri, Oct 23, 09 at 9:29

Miss Debn I was just wondering what part of N/W Fl. you live in. I visited your garden photos and they are Beautiful. My wife and I are located in Milton, FL. It's nice to find someone else in North Fl. that loves roses as much as we do.
Adele & Harold

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Shoot out to Debn of N/W FL.

• Posted by debn 8b NW Florida (My Page) on
    Sat, Oct 24, 09 at 7:20

Hi Harold!

I live in Panama City Florida. Milton is just down the road isn't it? I see the location all the time when the weather map is being shown on TV.

I have mostly anitque roses on their own roots. I'm having a major problem with some unknown grass from hades that we just can't get rid of. It has invaded our rose beds and you honestly can't sit there and just pull it up. The roots go way down and have some kind of nut on them. I googled nut grass and it is not that. I probably got the seeds in some bags of cheap potting soil I used.

What roses do you mostly grow? Antiques? Moderns? Down here the Tea's are wonderful for the most part BS free roses. Sometimes my Teas will get blackspot but rebound without being sprayed.

I am a native of Panama City. It sure has changed over the years!

Deb

o
RE: Shoot out to Debn of N/W FL.

Miss Deb,yes I'm about two hours west of you. I'm sorry to here about your problem with that grass, seems like there is always something to make rose growing fun. HA HA
Me and my wife grow some of everything roses including HT's , David Austin's, Minis, Mini Floras,and climbers. We got serious about growing roses about two years ago now. We currently have just alittle over 100 roses. I'm glad we only have a city lot or we'll kill ourself.HA HA
Well it was nice to meet you and if you like feel free to visit our garden.
Adele & Harold

http://photobucket.com/kidrose

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Roses Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here