Return to the Roses Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
ipod question

Posted by andrewlina Z5 (gardenweb4um@yahoo.com) on
Tue, Oct 16, 07 at 10:16

What are the differences in an IPOD and an IPOD NANO? Features? Prices? My daughter wants one for Christmas,BUT not the "small" one she says. That does me no good! HELP!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: ipod question

The main difference between the nano and classic is the amount of info it can hold and the size of the unit.
nano
Classic
The flea

o

Have you seen the new Ipods with the screen? I love my nano!

Carla

o

One last link that does a good job of side by side comparision...ipod compare

o

She might mean that she doesn't want the iPod Shuffle. That's the cheapest one, but it doesn't do much outside of shuffling everything on it. Ask her how much memory (or how many songs) she wants on it. Both nano and classic do videos now. You can pay extra for the touch screen on the iPod Touch but I don't think it is worth it. Most people will be happy with the Nano which I think stores about 1000 songs now. My husband needs a Classic because he has a huge music collection. I want an iPhone because I hate my phone and like the idea of having internet access, phone, and music all in one little box. Too bad it is still awfully expensive. If you work for a university that has a deal with Apple for their computers you can get iPods for cheaper than retail.

o

I got mine at Costco for about $50 less than retail. I have the 30Gig w/video and just love it. It's the best toy I ever got for myself. My son has the old style Nano which holds 500 songs which is all he needs.
Kathy

o

Thanks orchid,the side by side comparison did the trick. Yes I only wanted music. I will Costco too! Thanks for all the info

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Roses Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here