Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
andrewlina_gw

the birds and the bees

andrewlina
16 years ago

My 11 year old was "physically" a woman last year. She knew enough about puberty that this would happen to her and she handled(s) it like a pro! BUT,there needs to come the talk about conception,birth control and so on.I told her I needed to talk to her about this, and she said she would rather read about it on her own. She is quite shy about those things. Can anyone recommend a great book that discusses these things & is easy to understand for someone her age? Thanks!

Comments (4)

• kathwhit
    16 years ago

They have great books on the subject at any good bookstore. I suggest you go and take a look and pick out one that meets your criteria for details. I bought a good book for my son, and he just told me that it really helped all through is growing up (he is 18 now). Good luck with this!
    Kathy

• mjsee
    16 years ago

"It's Perfectly Normal" is supposed to be a pretty good one...Chinaberry has it.

When she's older... you can't beat the info in "Our Bodies, Ourselves."

melanie

Here is a link that might be useful: It's Perfectly Normal

• andrewlina
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Hey thanks Melanie! That book does look wonderful! I know the book "Our bodies,ourselves" is an awesome book,even for me,and I am 44! Thanks for the suggestions Melanie & Kathy! Julie

• bettym_grow
    16 years ago

Hi Kathy,

There's one entitled "A Chicken's Guide to Talking Turkey with your Kids about Sex" by Dr. Kevin Leman & Kathy Flores Bell.

If you go on to the Focus on the Family site and check out the resources section you can take a look at the table of contents of this book.

Good luck:)

Betty