Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
carol_se_pa_6

Go Phillies!

carol_se_pa_6
14 years ago

Bring on the Yankees or the Angels, we're ready!!

Comments (19)

• zeffyrose
    14 years ago

Carol---you are so funny----yes I agree they are doing very well --looks like we will be watching some good baseball---

I was wondering if you are having trouble getting to work-LOL--lots of people in the streets
    Florence

• carol_se_pa_6
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Hello Florence!
    No trouble getting to work but there is a buzz in the air. You can tell people are excited about the Phillies and I think especially now that we are going to play the Yanks! I passed a store in NE Philly yesterday where the Phillies catcher was in the store to sign autographs. There wasn't a parking space to be found! Go Phils!!

• diane_nj 6b/7a
    14 years ago

From NY media market purgatory... GO PHILLIES!!!!

And GO TEMPLE!!!!

• carol_se_pa_6
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Sunday will be one crazy day in Philly. The Eagles and Giants play at 1:00 pm and the Phils and Yanks play at 8:00 pm at the stadium across the street from the Eagles. Plus the transit system that serves the stadiums may go on strike! Bring on NY!!

• zeffyrose
    14 years ago

How about the game last night??----Cliff Lee--was amazing----I got a big kick out of those two catches he made-

Utley---2 homers-----WOW

I think Sunday will be a good day to stay out of Philadelphia--LOL

Florence

• carol_se_pa_6
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Florence:
    One of the headlines in the local newspapers was:
    UT-LEE!
    I thought that was cute. Hopefully the next three games will have better outcomes than last night's game.

• zeffyrose
    14 years ago

-
    -----UH OH -------I'm waiting!!!--LOL

Florence

• zeffyrose
    14 years ago

-
    -----UH OH -------I'm waiting!!!--LOL

Florence

• carol_se_pa_6
    Original Author
    14 years ago

We're in it for another two games - hopefully!
    UT-LEE!!!

• diane_nj 6b/7a
    14 years ago

14 weeks until pitchers and catchers report for spring training. Thanks Phillies!!!

Think the new baby is keeping Cole awake??? I think he's still angry that they didn't tell him when his wife went into labor...

• carol_se_pa_6
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Darn Yankees!

Diane - I think you are right about Cole!

Now we can talk about the Eagles - bring on the Cowboys!!

• zeffyrose
    14 years ago

Carol-----What happened with Cole?-----What did he have?----Haven't heard anything about the baby.

Florence

• diane_nj 6b/7a
    14 years ago

Flo, they had a boy. He was pitching during the National League Championship Series when his wife went into labor. They didn't tell him that she was in labor until after he came off the mound and had been relieved. I think she had the baby late that night or early the next morning.

Danged Cowboys! I fell asleep on the game, I should have stayed awake!

• carol_se_pa_6
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Diane - After staying up to watch the Phils for weeks, I went to sleep after the first half and am glad I did. They are not worth losing sleep over this year!

• diane_nj 6b/7a
    14 years ago

I rarely get to see the Iggles, 'cause I'm in NY media Hades, so I'm disappointed that I fell asleep. Would be nice to see a Temple game too!

• zeffyrose
    14 years ago

DH is a little unhappy with the Eagles----LOL

I'm trying to learn to enjoy football but after living with so much pain it bothers me to see them abusing their bodies

Especially when they land on their heads----OUCH

Florence

• diane_nj 6b/7a
    14 years ago

I am more than just a little unhappy with the Iggles. They couldn't make up ground, even though the Cowboys lost today too. Dang it!

• carol_se_pa_6
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I agree with you, Diane! If only they are started their drive in the first half instead of waiting until the end of the game to get going. Florence, after Brian Westbrook suffered from a second concussion, I agree with you about the abuse their bodies take.

• zeffyrose
    14 years ago

football makes me CRINGE when they do so much harm to their bodies--

My DH was a football star back in high school----the scout from Penn State offered him a full scholarship but he had to turn it down because of a pre-existing heart problem--

The DR told him if he played college football he would be dead at 40.

With today's rules he could have been just a "kicker" but the rules were different back then---

His brother gave me this information and said what a sad day it was when the scout gave the family this news.

Oh well ---he is still alive--thank goodness----

Florence