Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
annececilia

If at first you don't succeed...

AnneCecilia z5 MI
15 years ago

Yes, I'm trying Weight Watchers again. Actually, I do succeed when I'm on the program. It's just that I slide back into old habits when I stop going to meetings. I've succeeded and then "slid" 3 times already in my life. It's time to make this a life long change.

I quit going to WW last time due to a time & distance issue, promising myself I would keep up the program on my own. HA!!! I was only fooling myself. I was recently brought up short by the fact that in 3 years I have managed to put back on all the weight I worked so hard to take off. This time I'm trying WW On-Line. That solves the scheduling issues I had and we'll see how it works for me. Has anyone else tried to go on-line only without the reinforcement you get from the meetings? Right now I feel fired up, but staying that way is the hard part. The On-Line tools are pretty nifty, I must say, and it makes tracking what I eat convenient. Wish me plenty of staying power please!

Anne

Comments (7)

• carol_se_pa_6
    15 years ago

Good luck Anne! I know that losing weight and keeping it off is a head game more than anything else. Keep us posted.

• AnneCecilia z5 MI
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thanks for the encouragement, Carol. :-)
    AC

• zeffyrose
    15 years ago

Anne---I've had a battle with the scale all my life------It has been extremely difficult to lose weight with all my health problems. Too inactive----

My method is to write down everything I eat and it usually works but not anymore-----

Combination of age and inactivity---

Most people have good luck with WW----Wish you all the best!!

Florence

• AnneCecilia z5 MI
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thank you, dear Florence. (I hope you are feeling well these days, btw.)
    I'm off to a good start - lost 3.4 pounds in the first week. I really *must* stick with this, as my knees have strongly protested the extra pounds. DH said he would try to stick with me on the program...but he went out yesterday and bought a whole box of ice cream sandwiches, sigh....but EYE haven't touched 'em!!
    (That's the crunch of my chocolate flavor rice cake you hear in the background, LOL.)

• athenainwi
    15 years ago

Good luck. My problem has always been lack of exercise especially during the winter. One piece of advice is don't go too extreme with your diet. You need something you can live with for the rest of your life, and if you try a diet that is too much then you won't keep up with it. But it sounds like you're off to a good start.

• zeffyrose
    15 years ago

I Love ice cream sandwiches-----Don't they make some for WW ???

Florence

• AnneCecilia z5 MI
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Yes, indeed they do, Florence. The WW I.C. sandwiches are a bit pricey, but very tasty. I'm going slow on keeping a lot of goodies around, even ones that are low in points. I know that I tend to be tempted to have more than I should once I start in, so I'm taking it easy right now on placing those temptations in my way. (Besides, *other* members of the family would devour them in a heartbeat. I need time to re-train them, too, LOL!)

Thanks for your kind words, Athena. You're right. I need a plan I can stick with for life and I know that WW is that plan. I have to stick with logging my foods, too, this time. That's a very important part of it all that keeps one from sliding back down the slippery slope of weight re-gain. Exercise is tough in winter, all right. I find it painful to walk on slippery surfaces with my bad knees - I'm always scared of going down. I'm thinking of getting those gripper treads that you slip over your shoes or boots. My sister and her walking partner swear by them.

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting